Delhi court extends bail of Chautala brothers in DA case
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Thursday extended by
two days the interim bail of Abhay and Ajay Singh Chautala,
sons of former Haryana Chief Minister Om Prakash Chautala, in
a disproportionate assets case.
Special CBI Judge P S Teji allowed the plea Chautala
brothers, who are MLAs in Haryana for Indian National Lok Dal,
for extension of their interim bail, which expired today, and
fixed the matter on March six for taking cognizance of
chargesheets against them.
It would also hear arguments on their applications for
regular bail in the case.
The court had on February 22 granted interim bail to
Abhay Singh Chautala till March 4 at a surety bond of Rs one
lakh each. Ajay was granted bail earlier.
Abhay had appeared before the court after a bailable
warrant was issued against him on February 15.
Besides them, co-accused Chetram, Om Prakash,
Abhimanyu Singh, Rajender Kumar and Netram are also on interim
bail in the case.
CBI had on December 24 filed a chargesheet against the
two sons of Om Prakash Chautala in the case.
According to the chargesheet against Ajay, CBI claimed
he was in possession of assets to the tune of Rs 27.74 crore
-- 339 per cent more than his income Rs 8.17 crore during the
period of 1993 to 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt