Delhi Court grants regular bail to Abhay Chautala
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Monday granted
regular bail to Haryana MLA Abhay Singh Chautala in a
disproportionate assets case.
Special CBI Judge P S Teji allowed the bail plea of
Chautala, an Indian National Lok Dal MLA, at a personal and a
surety bond of Rs one lakh each.
He was earlier granted interim bail on February 22 by the
court after the politician appeared before it on bailable
An accused who is chargesheeted has to appear before the
court and seek bail in a criminal case even if he or she has
not been arrested during the investigation of the case.
Meanwhile, the court put the matter for April 14 for
hearing arguments on the charges to be framed against the
The court had on February 2 issued summons against
Chautala and his brother Ajay Chautala and others after taking
cognisance of the chargesheet filed by the CBI in the case.
The CBI had on December 24 last filed a chargesheet
against the two sons of former Haryana Chief Minister Om
Prakash Chautala in the case.
According to the chargesheet against Ajay, CBI claimed
he was in possession of assets to the tune of Rs 27.74 crore
-- 339 per cent more than his income of Rs 8.17 crore during
the period between 1993 to 2006.
The second chargesheet was filed against Abhay alleging
his assets were 522 per cent more than his income of Rs 22.89
crore as per Income Tax records during the check period of
2000 to 2005. The agency claimed to have found Rs 119.69 crore
worth of assets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!