Delhi Court grants regular bail to Abhay Chautala
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Monday granted
regular bail to Haryana MLA Abhay Singh Chautala in a
disproportionate assets case.
Special CBI Judge P S Teji allowed the bail plea of
Chautala, an Indian National Lok Dal MLA, at a personal and a
surety bond of Rs one lakh each.
He was earlier granted interim bail on February 22 by the
court after the politician appeared before it on bailable
An accused who is chargesheeted has to appear before the
court and seek bail in a criminal case even if he or she has
not been arrested during the investigation of the case.
Meanwhile, the court put the matter for April 14 for
hearing arguments on the charges to be framed against the
The court had on February 2 issued summons against
Chautala and his brother Ajay Chautala and others after taking
cognisance of the chargesheet filed by the CBI in the case.
The CBI had on December 24 last filed a chargesheet
against the two sons of former Haryana Chief Minister Om
Prakash Chautala in the case.
According to the chargesheet against Ajay, CBI claimed
he was in possession of assets to the tune of Rs 27.74 crore
-- 339 per cent more than his income of Rs 8.17 crore during
the period between 1993 to 2006.
The second chargesheet was filed against Abhay alleging
his assets were 522 per cent more than his income of Rs 22.89
crore as per Income Tax records during the check period of
2000 to 2005. The agency claimed to have found Rs 119.69 crore
worth of assets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM