Delhi gang-rape: Students protest outside university in Hisar
Hisar: Students on Sunday demonstrated outside the Haryana Agricultural University here to protest against the Delhi gang-rape.
Raising slogans like `Hang the rapists`, they then forcibly entered the campus, police said. The students wanted to submit a memorandum to the Governor, who was scheduled to attend a function, demanding strictest action against the accused of the Delhi gang-rape.
City Magistrate Amardeep Jain met the protesters and asked them to submit their memorandum to Agriculture Minister Paramvir Singh as the Governor could not come to Hisar due to fog.
Accordingly, the representatives of the students gave their memorandum to the minister. Singh assured the students that their demands will be duly conveyed to the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch