Delhi gang-rape: Students protest outside university in Hisar
Hisar: Students on Sunday demonstrated outside the Haryana Agricultural University here to protest against the Delhi gang-rape.
Raising slogans like `Hang the rapists`, they then forcibly entered the campus, police said. The students wanted to submit a memorandum to the Governor, who was scheduled to attend a function, demanding strictest action against the accused of the Delhi gang-rape.
City Magistrate Amardeep Jain met the protesters and asked them to submit their memorandum to Agriculture Minister Paramvir Singh as the Governor could not come to Hisar due to fog.
Accordingly, the representatives of the students gave their memorandum to the minister. Singh assured the students that their demands will be duly conveyed to the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'