Delhi gang-rape: Students protest outside university in Hisar
Hisar: Students on Sunday demonstrated outside the Haryana Agricultural University here to protest against the Delhi gang-rape.
Raising slogans like `Hang the rapists`, they then forcibly entered the campus, police said. The students wanted to submit a memorandum to the Governor, who was scheduled to attend a function, demanding strictest action against the accused of the Delhi gang-rape.
City Magistrate Amardeep Jain met the protesters and asked them to submit their memorandum to Agriculture Minister Paramvir Singh as the Governor could not come to Hisar due to fog.
Accordingly, the representatives of the students gave their memorandum to the minister. Singh assured the students that their demands will be duly conveyed to the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- UPSC issues e-admit cards for NDA, NA exams 2016
- West Indies vs India, 1st T20I: MS Dhoni admits execution of his last ball dismissal wrong
- Belgian Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton ready for slog from back of the field
- Traditional Indian diet dramatically cuts Alzheimer's risk
- Carnage in Florida: KL Rahul, Evin Lewis tons laid foundation for West Indies-India T20I run mountain