Delhi gang-rape: Students protest outside university in Hisar
Hisar: Students on Sunday demonstrated outside the Haryana Agricultural University here to protest against the Delhi gang-rape.
Raising slogans like `Hang the rapists`, they then forcibly entered the campus, police said. The students wanted to submit a memorandum to the Governor, who was scheduled to attend a function, demanding strictest action against the accused of the Delhi gang-rape.
City Magistrate Amardeep Jain met the protesters and asked them to submit their memorandum to Agriculture Minister Paramvir Singh as the Governor could not come to Hisar due to fog.
Accordingly, the representatives of the students gave their memorandum to the minister. Singh assured the students that their demands will be duly conveyed to the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report