Delhi gang-rape: Students protest outside university in Hisar
Hisar: Students on Sunday demonstrated outside the Haryana Agricultural University here to protest against the Delhi gang-rape.
Raising slogans like `Hang the rapists`, they then forcibly entered the campus, police said. The students wanted to submit a memorandum to the Governor, who was scheduled to attend a function, demanding strictest action against the accused of the Delhi gang-rape.
City Magistrate Amardeep Jain met the protesters and asked them to submit their memorandum to Agriculture Minister Paramvir Singh as the Governor could not come to Hisar due to fog.
Accordingly, the representatives of the students gave their memorandum to the minister. Singh assured the students that their demands will be duly conveyed to the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital