Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway: Haryana govt moves Delhi HC
New Delhi: Haryana government on Thursday told the Delhi High Court that inconvenience caused to commuters on the Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway was bringing a bad name to the state and sought termination of the concession agreement between Delhi-Gurgaon Super Connectivity Limited (DGSCL) and NHAI.
Justice Manmohan Singh posted the matter for hearing on July 31.
"The state of Haryana desires and expects an early solution to the source of insurmountable inconvenience and harassment to ordinary citizens and commuters causing huge line of traffic and obstructing smooth flow of business and hindering economic development of the area," the state said.
Haryana government has made the submissions in an application moved by it seeking to be impleaded as a party in DGSCL`s plea to restrain National Highway Authority of India from taking any coercive action against it, including termination of the contract to operate the expressway.
The state government, in its plea filed by advocate Manjit Singh, has also sought removal of the two toll plazas at the Expressway or else termination of concession agreement on the ground of concessionaire`s event of default with a one-time termination payment of Rs 118 crore.
It has also sought that the court may allow a proposal of Haryana government to acquire project rights under political event under a particular clause after which the state shall bear the liability of Rs 385.5 crore on account of termination payment.
It also said only one single toll plaza be allowed after 61 kilometers.
The state government told the court that the present concessionaire of the Gurgaon-Jaipur six lane project has also consented to the arrangement proposed by Haryana government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends