Delhi HC extends interim bail of Chautala
New Delhi: The interim bail granted to former Haryana Chief Minister Om Prakash Chautala was on Friday extended by the Delhi High Court till August 30 as the medical board, formed by AIIMS on a court order, could not file its fresh report on his health condition.
The court had earlier taken note of Chautala`s plea that he, despite his successful pacemaker implant surgery, needed constant medical help for various age-related issues.
Justice Siddharth Mridul, on August 12, extended the interim bail of Chautala till today and had asked the Director of AIIMS to direct the medical board to file another report giving specific answer to a query as to whether Chautala needs hospitalisation.
The court has now asked the medical board to file the report by August 30, the next date of hearing.
78-year-old INLD chief, his MLA son Ajay Singh Chautala and 53 others are serving varying jail terms in a teachers` recruitment scam in the year 2000.
Meanwhile, the court today asked Tihar jail authorities to ensure safety of IAS officer and co-accused Sanjiv Kumar who had alleged that he was assaulted inside prison on August 7.
"I will come down very hard on you (jail superintendent) and your officers if something happens to this gentleman. You will be answerable to me if anything happens to him," it said.
The court also asked the medical superintendent of the jail to take Kumar to AIIMS for medical check up on Monday and file a report on his health condition by August 30.
Earlier, the court had granted interim bail for four weeks to Ajay Chautala also for treatment of his cardiac ailments at a private hospital in Gurgaon here.
Ajay, like his father, has been advised either to undergo the pacemaker implant surgery or other medical procedures for treatment of his cardiac disease.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling