Delhi Police slap sections of IT Act against Kanda
New Delhi: Fresh trouble brewed for former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda, arrested in the suicide case of his former employee, today with Delhi Police slapping sections of Information Technology Act against him for allegedly sending false electronic message leading to harassment of the deceased.
Dharmendra Kumar, Special Commissioner of Police (Law and Order), said police have invoked Section 66(A), sending information that is grossly offensive or has menacing character or false or to deceive or to mislead, against Kanda.
"We have invoked this section as the accused through electronic message, forged details and send it," Kumar told reporters without elaborating.
Geetika had allegedly committed suicide on August 5 in her Ashok Vihar residence and in her suicide note had pointed fingers at Kanda, her former employer at now-defunct MDLR airline and Aruna Chaddha. The deceased and her family alleged that Kanda was pressurising Geetika to rejoin his firm after she left the job.
The family had also alleged that Kanda had sent an email to Emirates Airline where Geetika was working after leaving MDLR airline claiming that she was involved in a cheating case. It was also alleged that a forged look out notice in the name of Geetika was also emailed to Emirates.
Kanda and Chaddha had earlier denied allegations.
After raiding the premises of Kanda, Kumar said, investigators had seized hard disks and relevant documents.
Asked whether police would go for brainmapping as Kanda was not opening up, Kumar said they have collected a lot of evidence against Kanda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?