Delhi youth arrested for raping Rewari-based relative
Rewari: A 23-year-old youth from Delhi was on Wednesday arrested here for allegedly raping his Rewari-based relative and attempting to kill her.
Deepak, charged of rape, attempt to murder and criminal intimidation and sections under Arms act, was arrested here after a complaint was filed by the victim, police said.
"The accused came to Rewari on November 3 last year and asked the victim to meet him at Naiwali Chowk on some pretext. He then forcibly took the girl to a deserted area and raped her in his car," SSP Bharti Arora said.
Deepak opened fired at victim when she tried to flee, injuring her in the chest. She was admitted in a private hospital where she was given treatment.
Due to fear, the victim and her family did not file the matter with the police till now but persistant threats from Deepak finally made them register a case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends