Dengue, viral grip Gurgaon
Gurgaon: Dengue and viral fever is spreading across this Haryana city, with affected people continuing to pour into hospitals, said doctors Saturday.
"Since one month, 348 patients with dengue have been admitted and five more such cases came Friday," Vishal Sehgal, medical superintendent of Artemis Hospital, said.
Two people have died of dengue in the city recently.
"It is difficult to confirm if a patient died of dengue. It could be due to infection too," said a doctor in the government-run civil hospital, who did not want to be named.
Another doctor at a private hospital said this was the first time people suffering from viral fever were testing positive for malaria and typhoid as well.
"We call this thrombocytopenia or fever with mixed culture. The virus is yet to be identified," Vishal Sehgal said.
Many cases of viral and denge have also come to Medicity, said a hospital official, requesting anonymity.
But civil hospital`s chief medical officer Praveen Garg said they were organizing camps in institutional and residential sectors to prevent vector-borne diseases.
He said the hospital currently had 326 dengue patients.
A report on the unknown viral virus was also being sought from the virology research centre in New Delhi, he said.
Haryana`s health director Narender Arora Saturday visited dengue-affected areas in the city -- his second tour in 15 days.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani