Dentist sent to custody on rape charges
Sirsa (Haryana): A dentist, who was arrested on charges of enticing a girl and raping her, was sent to 14 days` judicial custody by a local court here on Monday.
Jasbir Singh, who ran a dental clinic in Bappan village, was booked for abducting the girl after the victim`s family members lodged a complaint.
Jasbir is a resident of Lakdanwali village and during the course of investigation, the girl was recovered from Chittorgarh in Rajasthan, police said.
The accused initially managed to flee, but was later on nabbed, they added.
On the basis of the victim`s statement, police had slapped sections relating to sexual assault against the accused and he was produced before a magistrate today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail