Dentist sent to custody on rape charges
Sirsa (Haryana): A dentist, who was arrested on charges of enticing a girl and raping her, was sent to 14 days` judicial custody by a local court here on Monday.
Jasbir Singh, who ran a dental clinic in Bappan village, was booked for abducting the girl after the victim`s family members lodged a complaint.
Jasbir is a resident of Lakdanwali village and during the course of investigation, the girl was recovered from Chittorgarh in Rajasthan, police said.
The accused initially managed to flee, but was later on nabbed, they added.
On the basis of the victim`s statement, police had slapped sections relating to sexual assault against the accused and he was produced before a magistrate today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog