Dentist sent to custody on rape charges
Sirsa (Haryana): A dentist, who was arrested on charges of enticing a girl and raping her, was sent to 14 days` judicial custody by a local court here on Monday.
Jasbir Singh, who ran a dental clinic in Bappan village, was booked for abducting the girl after the victim`s family members lodged a complaint.
Jasbir is a resident of Lakdanwali village and during the course of investigation, the girl was recovered from Chittorgarh in Rajasthan, police said.
The accused initially managed to flee, but was later on nabbed, they added.
On the basis of the victim`s statement, police had slapped sections relating to sexual assault against the accused and he was produced before a magistrate today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Film with Alia Bhatt not typical hero-heroine one: Shah Rukh Khan
- IPL 9: Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders – Probably playing XIs; players to watch out for
- Amazing! Village in China painted with 3D colours to attract tourists; See PICS
- Vital facts about Kangana Ranaut's leaked image suppressed: Hrithik Roshan's camp
- Sunita Williams, team to ensure safe cargo flights to ISS