Development of Haryana key priority: CM Hooda
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder
Singh Hooda, whose 13-day-old government was expanded on Saturday,
said his priorities will be to further accelerate the pace of
development in the state.
"Every member of the team (the Cabinet) will have to work
hard for the welfare of people. Our thrust will be to further
accelerate the pace of development that our previous regime
started. Creation of jobs and infrastructure will also be one
of our priorities," Hooda told reporters here.
Hooda inducted six Cabinet ministers and three Ministers
of State giving ministerial berths to all seven Independent
MLAs, who bailed out his government during a confidence vote
in the state assembly.
Asked how he will accommodate those who had been left
out, including his bete noire and sitting Congress MLA Kiran
Choudhry, who was a minister in his previous government but
did not get a berth in the Cabinet today, Hooda said, "we
still have four vacancies (in the Cabinet) and we will decide
at an appropriate time ".
Besides Choudhry, who is the daughter-in-law of former
Chief Minister Bansi Lal, another woman minister in the
previous regime Savitri Jindal, mother of Congress MP and
industrialist Navin Jindal, has also not been accommodated.
On the possibility of Haryana Janhit Congress-BL leader
Kuldeep Bishnoi joining the government in future, Hooda said,
"there have been no talks with him. He had earlier said that
his party would offer unconditional support".
Newly sworn-in Cabinet Minister Ajay Yadav said that the
government would stress on building infrastructure in the
state while Randeep Surjewala voiced confidence that the
Congress government would take Haryana at the forefront in all
One of the seven Independents accommodated by Hooda,
Gopal Kanda after taking oath as Minister of State said that
they would extend unconditional support to the Hooda
Meanwhile, Choudhry and senior leader Birender Singh, who
lost from Uchana Kalan, did not attend today`s Cabinet
Unlike two weeks back when chaos prevailed as security
personnel failed to control the rush at the Raj Bhavan when
Hooda was being sworn-in as chief minister for the second
time, today the arrangements were much better.
However, there was some confusion when a security
official outside the Raj Bhavan failed to recognise six-time
MLA Yadav and stopped him briefly while he was on his way
inside to take oath as minister.
Former Lt Governor of Goa Chandrawati left in a huff when
she did not get a preferred seat during the function.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt