Dishonour killing: Brother arrested in Haryana
Chandigarh: In yet another incident of killing for family honour in Haryana, a youth has been arrested for murdering his teenaged sister after he suspected her of having an affair, police said on Monday.
The weapon with which he killed her - a knife - has been recovered, police said.
Payal, 18, was stabbed to death May 20 by her brother Paras at Ashok Nagar in Karnal, 130 km from here, police said. The family had earlier claimed that the girl had committed suicide.
"During interrogation, Paras admitted that he killed his sister as she would attend phone calls of some outsider. Therefore, he stabbed her with knife on May 20 when she was alone at home," a police spokesman said.
Paras lied to the family members and misled them about the girl`s death, the spokesman added.
The police suspected foul play as the condition of the body of the girl did not suggest that she had committed suicide. Paras has been arrested and the murder weapon has been recovered, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city