Dishonour killing: Brother arrested in Haryana
Chandigarh: In yet another incident of killing for family honour in Haryana, a youth has been arrested for murdering his teenaged sister after he suspected her of having an affair, police said on Monday.
The weapon with which he killed her - a knife - has been recovered, police said.
Payal, 18, was stabbed to death May 20 by her brother Paras at Ashok Nagar in Karnal, 130 km from here, police said. The family had earlier claimed that the girl had committed suicide.
"During interrogation, Paras admitted that he killed his sister as she would attend phone calls of some outsider. Therefore, he stabbed her with knife on May 20 when she was alone at home," a police spokesman said.
Paras lied to the family members and misled them about the girl`s death, the spokesman added.
The police suspected foul play as the condition of the body of the girl did not suggest that she had committed suicide. Paras has been arrested and the murder weapon has been recovered, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Security at Olympics "robust", says IOC chief
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS