Dishonour killing: Brother arrested in Haryana
Chandigarh: In yet another incident of killing for family honour in Haryana, a youth has been arrested for murdering his teenaged sister after he suspected her of having an affair, police said on Monday.
The weapon with which he killed her - a knife - has been recovered, police said.
Payal, 18, was stabbed to death May 20 by her brother Paras at Ashok Nagar in Karnal, 130 km from here, police said. The family had earlier claimed that the girl had committed suicide.
"During interrogation, Paras admitted that he killed his sister as she would attend phone calls of some outsider. Therefore, he stabbed her with knife on May 20 when she was alone at home," a police spokesman said.
Paras lied to the family members and misled them about the girl`s death, the spokesman added.
The police suspected foul play as the condition of the body of the girl did not suggest that she had committed suicide. Paras has been arrested and the murder weapon has been recovered, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Jitu Rai receive Khel Ratna award
- Significance of why Lord Shiva wears tiger skin! Read more
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra rock 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions—Watch video!
- Rajnath Singh to head all-party delegation to Kashmir on September 4
- Could 3D printing save our coral reefs? - Watch