Doctor arrested for molesting woman in Haryana
Mahendergarh: A doctor was arrested for allegedly molesting a woman at the primary health centre in the Dhanonda village here.
Dr Aman Deep was arrested for allegedly molesting a 25-year-old woman on January 19.
Police, which registered a case of sexual harassment, wrongful confinement and criminal intimidation on the victim`s complaint, yesterday produced the accused before the duty magistrate at Mahendergarh, who granted him bail.
Police said on Monday that when the woman, who was pregnant, came with her mother-in-law to the PHC for check up, she was taken inside a room and made to lie on a table by the doctor, who allegedly bolted the room from inside and then made a strong bid to outrage her modesty.
However, the woman somehow got out of his clutches and then filed a complaint
The accused doctor remained on the run for several days, and was eventually arrested by police on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal