Doctor arrested for molesting woman in Haryana
Mahendergarh: A doctor was arrested for allegedly molesting a woman at the primary health centre in the Dhanonda village here.
Dr Aman Deep was arrested for allegedly molesting a 25-year-old woman on January 19.
Police, which registered a case of sexual harassment, wrongful confinement and criminal intimidation on the victim`s complaint, yesterday produced the accused before the duty magistrate at Mahendergarh, who granted him bail.
Police said on Monday that when the woman, who was pregnant, came with her mother-in-law to the PHC for check up, she was taken inside a room and made to lie on a table by the doctor, who allegedly bolted the room from inside and then made a strong bid to outrage her modesty.
However, the woman somehow got out of his clutches and then filed a complaint
The accused doctor remained on the run for several days, and was eventually arrested by police on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16