Doctor arrested on rape charge
Rewari: Police arrested a rape accused Ranbir, who had been on the run for the past about two months, from the bus stand of Nangal Mundi village, 12 km from here.
Police said here today that when the call details of the victim`s mobile phone revealed that the accused, doctor, had asked her to meet him at Nangal Mundi bus stand, they laid a trap and apprehended him last night.
While the lady doctor (45) had been running her own clinic at Dahina village, 23 km from Rewari, for the past about 7 years, Ranbir had his own clinic at Boodhi Bawal village in Alwar district of Rajasthan and both of them were old acquaintances.
In the first week of November, 2012, when Ranbir came to know that the lady doctor, who is a widow, was not feeling well, he came to Dahina by car, administered some sedative to her and then allegedly raped her and went away.
Subsequently when the lady doctor regained consciousness, she filed a complaint on November 6 following which the police registered a case of rape against the accused, who had been on the run since then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble