Drug addict beheads friend over bike
Gurgaon: A 23-year-old drug addict was arrested here for beheading his friend and partner in a mobike theft after an argument over the possession of the stolen vehicle, police said Wednesday.
Gopi Jangra, a resident of Gurgaon village, was arrested Tuesday from his house for beheading Arun Kumar, 23, also a resident of Gurgaon village, April 14 in Ashok Vihar-3 area, police said.
The accused drugged the victim before beheading him at a deserted farm and dumped the headless body in a tubewell`s tank, police said.
The head of the victim, suspected to be thrown into a drain in sector 5, was yet to be recovered, police said.
An investigator said Jangra also took away Arun Kumar`s mobile phone after killing him, police said.
"Crime Branch Palam Vihar arrested the accused on technical evidence. He (accused) used the victim`s missing mobile phone for sending some messages," Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime) Rajesh Duggal told IANS.
Arun Kumar`s headless body was recovered April 17, three days after he went missing after leaving his home for the market, police said.
Duggal said Jangra and Arun Kumar "looted a bike from sector 5 on April 5 and were fighting over its possession. The accused killed his partner to retain the bike".
"He also chopped off a tattoo on the victim`s hand to prevent the body from being identified," Duggal said.
At the time of killing Arun Kumar, Jangra was on bail in a 2009 murder case, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed