Drug addict beheads friend over bike
Gurgaon: A 23-year-old drug addict was arrested here for beheading his friend and partner in a mobike theft after an argument over the possession of the stolen vehicle, police said Wednesday.
Gopi Jangra, a resident of Gurgaon village, was arrested Tuesday from his house for beheading Arun Kumar, 23, also a resident of Gurgaon village, April 14 in Ashok Vihar-3 area, police said.
The accused drugged the victim before beheading him at a deserted farm and dumped the headless body in a tubewell`s tank, police said.
The head of the victim, suspected to be thrown into a drain in sector 5, was yet to be recovered, police said.
An investigator said Jangra also took away Arun Kumar`s mobile phone after killing him, police said.
"Crime Branch Palam Vihar arrested the accused on technical evidence. He (accused) used the victim`s missing mobile phone for sending some messages," Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime) Rajesh Duggal told IANS.
Arun Kumar`s headless body was recovered April 17, three days after he went missing after leaving his home for the market, police said.
Duggal said Jangra and Arun Kumar "looted a bike from sector 5 on April 5 and were fighting over its possession. The accused killed his partner to retain the bike".
"He also chopped off a tattoo on the victim`s hand to prevent the body from being identified," Duggal said.
At the time of killing Arun Kumar, Jangra was on bail in a 2009 murder case, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's cheapest smartphone Namotel Acache Din at Rs 99 closes booking today
- Lawsuit filed seeking transparency in US' H-1B visa lottery
- NEET not deferred but implemented from May 1, President's nod has given it statutory support: JP Nadda
- Monsanto jumps 7% on withdrawal of Bt cotton notification
- Rajnath Singh vows to bring Dawood Ibrahim back to India, adds no threat from Islamic State