`Drunk` police officer shoots at doctor in Haryana
Chandigarh: A doctor had a narrow escape Wednesday morning when a Haryana Police officer, who was allegedly drunk, shot at him from close range at a hospital in Karnal.
The doctor, Nipun Kalra, was on duty at the trauma centre of the Kalpana Chawla Medical College and Hospital in Karnal, 130 km from here, when Haryana Police Sub-inspector Kashmira Singh, in uniform, came to his room.
After a brief conversation, Kashmira Singh pulled out his service revolver and shot at Kalra from across the office table.
The doctor moved away just in time to avoid being hit by the bullet.
Police said that the incident was recorded on the hospital`s CCTV. The TV grab showed that two other people were present inside the room when the incident happened.
No arrests had been made so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city