`Drunk` police officer shoots at doctor in Haryana
Chandigarh: A doctor had a narrow escape Wednesday morning when a Haryana Police officer, who was allegedly drunk, shot at him from close range at a hospital in Karnal.
The doctor, Nipun Kalra, was on duty at the trauma centre of the Kalpana Chawla Medical College and Hospital in Karnal, 130 km from here, when Haryana Police Sub-inspector Kashmira Singh, in uniform, came to his room.
After a brief conversation, Kashmira Singh pulled out his service revolver and shot at Kalra from across the office table.
The doctor moved away just in time to avoid being hit by the bullet.
Police said that the incident was recorded on the hospital`s CCTV. The TV grab showed that two other people were present inside the room when the incident happened.
No arrests had been made so far.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why