`Drunk` police officer shoots at doctor in Haryana
Chandigarh: A doctor had a narrow escape Wednesday morning when a Haryana Police officer, who was allegedly drunk, shot at him from close range at a hospital in Karnal.
The doctor, Nipun Kalra, was on duty at the trauma centre of the Kalpana Chawla Medical College and Hospital in Karnal, 130 km from here, when Haryana Police Sub-inspector Kashmira Singh, in uniform, came to his room.
After a brief conversation, Kashmira Singh pulled out his service revolver and shot at Kalra from across the office table.
The doctor moved away just in time to avoid being hit by the bullet.
Police said that the incident was recorded on the hospital`s CCTV. The TV grab showed that two other people were present inside the room when the incident happened.
No arrests had been made so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees