`Drunk` police officer shoots at doctor in Haryana
Chandigarh: A doctor had a narrow escape Wednesday morning when a Haryana Police officer, who was allegedly drunk, shot at him from close range at a hospital in Karnal.
The doctor, Nipun Kalra, was on duty at the trauma centre of the Kalpana Chawla Medical College and Hospital in Karnal, 130 km from here, when Haryana Police Sub-inspector Kashmira Singh, in uniform, came to his room.
After a brief conversation, Kashmira Singh pulled out his service revolver and shot at Kalra from across the office table.
The doctor moved away just in time to avoid being hit by the bullet.
Police said that the incident was recorded on the hospital`s CCTV. The TV grab showed that two other people were present inside the room when the incident happened.
No arrests had been made so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kedar Jadhav, Shreyas Iyer power India A to easy six-wicket win
- Talks on Kashmir issue needed, want peace restored in Valley: Pak High Commissioner Abdul Basit
- Gold rebounds on jewellers' buying, silver jumps Rs 280/kg
- US Open 2016: Saketh Myneni advances to main draw
- Subramaian Swamy targets GST Network again; will write to Amit Shah, BJP CMs