DSP among 7 cops injured in clash between two communities
Kaithal (Har): At least seven police personnel, including a Deputy Superintendnent of Police, was injured in a clash between two communities in Pabnawa village here over the alleged elopement of a couple, police said on Monday.
A 20-year-old girl, who was in a relationship with a Dalit youth, eloped with him and got married after which the members of the two communities clashed on Saturday, they said.
The police immediately rushed to the spot and in the melee seven officials, including the district DSP Anil Rao, were injured.
Later, heavy police force has been deployed in the area to prevent any untoward incident.
Meanwhile, Karnal Range IG Balbir Singh, Kaithal DCP Chander Shekhar and SP Kuldeep Singh Yadav visited the village to take stock of the entire state of affairs and constituted a committee to restore peace and harmony.
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- India's investments into UK more than doubled in 2015
- Motorola expected to launch Moto G (4th Gen) handset on May 17
- Ex-servicemen suspend OROP protest, threaten to intensify agitation if demands not met
- West Bengal goes for fifth phase of polling on Saturday
- Tajikistan bans Russian-style surnames for children