DSP among 7 cops injured in clash between two communities
Kaithal (Har): At least seven police personnel, including a Deputy Superintendnent of Police, was injured in a clash between two communities in Pabnawa village here over the alleged elopement of a couple, police said on Monday.
A 20-year-old girl, who was in a relationship with a Dalit youth, eloped with him and got married after which the members of the two communities clashed on Saturday, they said.
The police immediately rushed to the spot and in the melee seven officials, including the district DSP Anil Rao, were injured.
Later, heavy police force has been deployed in the area to prevent any untoward incident.
Meanwhile, Karnal Range IG Balbir Singh, Kaithal DCP Chander Shekhar and SP Kuldeep Singh Yadav visited the village to take stock of the entire state of affairs and constituted a committee to restore peace and harmony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman