DSP among 7 cops injured in clash between two communities
Kaithal (Har): At least seven police personnel, including a Deputy Superintendnent of Police, was injured in a clash between two communities in Pabnawa village here over the alleged elopement of a couple, police said on Monday.
A 20-year-old girl, who was in a relationship with a Dalit youth, eloped with him and got married after which the members of the two communities clashed on Saturday, they said.
The police immediately rushed to the spot and in the melee seven officials, including the district DSP Anil Rao, were injured.
Later, heavy police force has been deployed in the area to prevent any untoward incident.
Meanwhile, Karnal Range IG Balbir Singh, Kaithal DCP Chander Shekhar and SP Kuldeep Singh Yadav visited the village to take stock of the entire state of affairs and constituted a committee to restore peace and harmony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal