DSP among 7 cops injured in clash between two communities
Kaithal (Har): At least seven police personnel, including a Deputy Superintendnent of Police, was injured in a clash between two communities in Pabnawa village here over the alleged elopement of a couple, police said on Monday.
A 20-year-old girl, who was in a relationship with a Dalit youth, eloped with him and got married after which the members of the two communities clashed on Saturday, they said.
The police immediately rushed to the spot and in the melee seven officials, including the district DSP Anil Rao, were injured.
Later, heavy police force has been deployed in the area to prevent any untoward incident.
Meanwhile, Karnal Range IG Balbir Singh, Kaithal DCP Chander Shekhar and SP Kuldeep Singh Yadav visited the village to take stock of the entire state of affairs and constituted a committee to restore peace and harmony.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan