DSP among 7 cops injured in clash between two communities
Kaithal (Har): At least seven police personnel, including a Deputy Superintendnent of Police, was injured in a clash between two communities in Pabnawa village here over the alleged elopement of a couple, police said on Monday.
A 20-year-old girl, who was in a relationship with a Dalit youth, eloped with him and got married after which the members of the two communities clashed on Saturday, they said.
The police immediately rushed to the spot and in the melee seven officials, including the district DSP Anil Rao, were injured.
Later, heavy police force has been deployed in the area to prevent any untoward incident.
Meanwhile, Karnal Range IG Balbir Singh, Kaithal DCP Chander Shekhar and SP Kuldeep Singh Yadav visited the village to take stock of the entire state of affairs and constituted a committee to restore peace and harmony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena