Duo arrested for posing as vigilance officers
Chandigarh: Haryana Police on Wednesday arrested two persons from Faridabad district for allegedly posing as vigilance officers, an official spokesman said here today.
Balbir and Akhilesh were arrested after one Dayachand lodged a complaint stating that the duo had come to his home posing as vigilance officers and told him he would have to pay Rs 1.5 lakh for illegally using electricity from street light, the spokesman said.
Out of fear Dayachand had given them Rs 20,000, but when they came the next day and asked for more money, he lodged a complaint with the police, he said.
A case has been registered against the duo under various sections of the IPC, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra