Duo arrested for posing as vigilance officers
Chandigarh: Haryana Police on Wednesday arrested two persons from Faridabad district for allegedly posing as vigilance officers, an official spokesman said here today.
Balbir and Akhilesh were arrested after one Dayachand lodged a complaint stating that the duo had come to his home posing as vigilance officers and told him he would have to pay Rs 1.5 lakh for illegally using electricity from street light, the spokesman said.
Out of fear Dayachand had given them Rs 20,000, but when they came the next day and asked for more money, he lodged a complaint with the police, he said.
A case has been registered against the duo under various sections of the IPC, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- It's a Black Hole Friday for NASA!
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife