Duo arrested for posing as vigilance officers
Chandigarh: Haryana Police on Wednesday arrested two persons from Faridabad district for allegedly posing as vigilance officers, an official spokesman said here today.
Balbir and Akhilesh were arrested after one Dayachand lodged a complaint stating that the duo had come to his home posing as vigilance officers and told him he would have to pay Rs 1.5 lakh for illegally using electricity from street light, the spokesman said.
Out of fear Dayachand had given them Rs 20,000, but when they came the next day and asked for more money, he lodged a complaint with the police, he said.
A case has been registered against the duo under various sections of the IPC, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan