Duo arrested for posing as vigilance officers
Chandigarh: Haryana Police on Wednesday arrested two persons from Faridabad district for allegedly posing as vigilance officers, an official spokesman said here today.
Balbir and Akhilesh were arrested after one Dayachand lodged a complaint stating that the duo had come to his home posing as vigilance officers and told him he would have to pay Rs 1.5 lakh for illegally using electricity from street light, the spokesman said.
Out of fear Dayachand had given them Rs 20,000, but when they came the next day and asked for more money, he lodged a complaint with the police, he said.
A case has been registered against the duo under various sections of the IPC, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends