Efforts on to fill vacancies meant for disabled persons: Hooda
Panchkula: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Wednesday said efforts are being made to fill up vacancies meant for disabled persons in various departments of the state government.
Speaking at a function on Helen Keller Jayanti Samaroh organised by the National Handicapped Welfare Council, Haryana unit here Hooda announced Rs 21 lakh from his discretionary fund for setting up of a Physiotherapy Centre in the complex of the Council to be named after Helen Keller.
Hooda said the state government has increased the retirement age of disabled persons having not less than 70 per cent disability, from 58 to 60 years.
Also, a relaxation of more than 10 years in age has also been given to such people in government jobs, he said.
Describing Helen Keller as a source of inspiration for people, Hooda said despite being blind, deaf and dumb she emerged as a noted writer, lecturer and political activist.
She was honoured with the highest civilian honour of America in 1964. By transforming her physical weaknesses into her strength, she set an example for the world to ameliorate, Hooda added.
The Chief Minister said a disabled person whether physically or mentally, is an important part of the society similar to other human beings.
Unemployed youth having hundred per cent disability were given monthly scholarship of Rs 1,000 whereas, Rs 1,500 and Rs 2,000 were given to graduate and post graduate students respectively, he said.
Monthly scholarship ranging from Rs 400 to Rs 800 was also given to disabled students on the basis of their classes and disability.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested