Eight bills passed on last day of monsoon session
Chandigarh: The Haryana Assembly on Wednesday passed eight bills, including the Haryana Ceiling on Land Holdings (Amendment) Bill, on the concluding day of the monsoon session here.
The bill on land holdings was necessitated to remove uncertainty on various issues, which arose after the ceiling law on urban, industrial and other infrastructure projects came into effect, the government informed the Assembly.
INLD chief Om Prakash Chautala, whose colleagues were suspended by the Speaker for their unruly behaviour inside the House, told reporters that the Act was aimed to benefit builders, realtors and big industrial houses.
Rubbishing INLD`s claims, Chief Minister B S Hooda, told reporters after the Assembly session that the Land Ceiling Act was a farmer-friendly legislation.
"The Opposition`s allegations are aimed at misleading the people. The Urban Land (Ceiling and Regulation) Repeal Act, 1999, was passed by Parliament in 1999 and has also been implemented in a number of other states like Rajasthan, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Punjab...," Hooda said.
Hooda said, land was required as the country needs power plants, universities and other big institutions. "The Act is not intended for any specific builder, but would benefit the state at large and accelerate the pace of development," the chief minister said.
Among other legislations that were passed includes the Haryana Value Added Tax (Amendment) Bill, the Haryana Private Universities (Amendment) Bill, the Punjab Passengers and Good Taxation (Haryana Amendment) Bill.
Other two important bills passed were Pandit Bhagwat Dayal Sharma University of Health Sciences Rohtak (Amendment) Bill and the Haryana School Teachers Selection Board Bill.
The Bill for school teacher provides for establishing a board for selection of government school teachers, teacher educators, educational supervisors.
Haryana Education Minister Geeta Bhukkal informed the House that the government had been focusing on all round development of the state with special focus on human resources.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says