Eight killed, seven injured in Haryana road accident
Chandigarh: Eight people were killed and seven seriously injured in a road accident in Haryana`s Jind district on Saturday, police said.
This accident took place near Hatho village in Jind when a Tata Sumo car collided with a milk tanker.
"The car and a milk tanker collided head on. Sixteen passengers were sitting in the Sumo. Eight people -- six women, one man and a child -- were killed while others sustained serious injuries," a police officer said.
All the injured have been shifted to a civil hospital at Narwana town in Jind district, around 150 km from Chandigarh.
"We are trying to ascertain the identity of the deceased. So far we have not arrested anybody and our investigation is still under process.
"There was thick fog in the morning that reduced the visibility on the roads. This could be the reason behind the accident," the officer said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed