Eight women electrocuted in Mewat dist
Chandigarh: Eight women were electrocuted
and six others injured when their tractor trolley came in
contact with live wires hanging loosely from an electric pole
in Haryana`s Mewat district today, police said.
"The incident happened at Nuh area. Eight women died of
electrocution. Two critically injured persons were rushed to
Safdarjung Hospital in New Delhi, while four were admitted to
Nuh Civil Hospital," Mewat SP Yoginder Nehra said.
Earlier the police had said nine women were killed after
they came in contact with 11 KV LT power line wires when their
trolley was passing underneath the live wires.
The victims were on their way to home in Khedla village,
the SP said.
Residents of the area had repeatedly asked the
electricity department to tighten the wires, but no action was
taken, he said.
"A case has been registered under various sections of the
IPC, including section 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to
murder), against several officials of the electricity
department responsible for maintaining the power line," Nehra
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened