Eight women electrocuted in Mewat dist
Chandigarh: Eight women were electrocuted
and six others injured when their tractor trolley came in
contact with live wires hanging loosely from an electric pole
in Haryana`s Mewat district today, police said.
"The incident happened at Nuh area. Eight women died of
electrocution. Two critically injured persons were rushed to
Safdarjung Hospital in New Delhi, while four were admitted to
Nuh Civil Hospital," Mewat SP Yoginder Nehra said.
Earlier the police had said nine women were killed after
they came in contact with 11 KV LT power line wires when their
trolley was passing underneath the live wires.
The victims were on their way to home in Khedla village,
the SP said.
Residents of the area had repeatedly asked the
electricity department to tighten the wires, but no action was
taken, he said.
"A case has been registered under various sections of the
IPC, including section 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to
murder), against several officials of the electricity
department responsible for maintaining the power line," Nehra
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...