Engineering student allegedly ragged, in critical condition
Agra: A first-year engineering student in Gurgaon, allegedly ragged by his seniors, was found in an unconscious state with multiple injury marks on his body outside his college on Tuesday. He has been admitted to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and his condition is stated to be critical today.
The victim had repeatedly complained about harassment by his seniors but no action was taken by the college authorities, his friends said, as per reports.
The victim`s family has claimed that the student was allegedly thrashed by his seniors and later poisoned.
A resident of Delhi, the student travelled to Gurgaon daily to attend his college. On Tuesday, he had appeared for his Maths examination.
He was later found by his classmates in an unconscious state in a park outside the college premises and was taken to the hospital by the college staff, as per news reports.
A case of negligence has been filed against college after the father of the victim said that he was not informed about his son`s condition by the college authorities.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times