Engineering student allegedly ragged, in critical condition
Agra: A first-year engineering student in Gurgaon, allegedly ragged by his seniors, was found in an unconscious state with multiple injury marks on his body outside his college on Tuesday. He has been admitted to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and his condition is stated to be critical today.
The victim had repeatedly complained about harassment by his seniors but no action was taken by the college authorities, his friends said, as per reports.
The victim`s family has claimed that the student was allegedly thrashed by his seniors and later poisoned.
A resident of Delhi, the student travelled to Gurgaon daily to attend his college. On Tuesday, he had appeared for his Maths examination.
He was later found by his classmates in an unconscious state in a park outside the college premises and was taken to the hospital by the college staff, as per news reports.
A case of negligence has been filed against college after the father of the victim said that he was not informed about his son`s condition by the college authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday