`Ensure quality education for your girl child`
Karnal: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Sunday appealed to the people to ensure quality education for their girl child so that they can also contribute to the development of the society.
Addressing a gathering after inaugurating new building at Guru Brahmanand Kanya Mahavidyalaya at Anjanthali village here, Hooda announced to give Rs 21 lakh for the overall development of college.
He said arts and commerce classes will also be started in the college if it fulfils required norms.
Hooda also lauded role of Guru Brahmanand in spreading the message of girl education, noting that during his entire life, the Guru had rendered selfless service to the society and promoted girls` education.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city