Eradicate social evils: Hooda to people
Rewari: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Saturday asked people to eradicate social evils like female foeticide and graft and lay emphasis on empowerment of women to further accelerate the pace of development.
Unfurling the national flag here on the occasion of the 64th Republic Day, the Chief Miniser said Haryana had made tremendous progress in all spheres of development during the past eight years.
"In 2005, Haryana was at number 14 in per capita investment but now it ranks at the top.
"Also in per capita income, Haryana is ahead of all big states. It has set an example in financial management," he said.
Many programmes of the state government like the land acquisition policy, the sports policy and a number of social welfare schemes were worth emulating for others, Hooda said.
Underlining the need for empowerment of women to further accelerate the pace of development, he asked people to eradicate evils like corruption and female foeticide.
Hooda said his government had spent over Rs 3221.89 crore on development of Rewari district and out of this over Rs 1697.14 crore had so far being spent on various development works in Rewari assembly constituency.
As compared to this, the previous INLD government had spent merely Rs 435.48 crore on development of Rewari district from 2000 to 2005, he said.
Hooda said emphasis was being laid on development of industry in Rewari and industrial model township Bawal had emerged as a major industrial hub.
A master plan had been prepared for Manesar-Bawal investment region and an integrated multi-model hub would also be developed in Rewari district, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand