Eradicate social evils: Hooda to people
Rewari: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Saturday asked people to eradicate social evils like female foeticide and graft and lay emphasis on empowerment of women to further accelerate the pace of development.
Unfurling the national flag here on the occasion of the 64th Republic Day, the Chief Miniser said Haryana had made tremendous progress in all spheres of development during the past eight years.
"In 2005, Haryana was at number 14 in per capita investment but now it ranks at the top.
"Also in per capita income, Haryana is ahead of all big states. It has set an example in financial management," he said.
Many programmes of the state government like the land acquisition policy, the sports policy and a number of social welfare schemes were worth emulating for others, Hooda said.
Underlining the need for empowerment of women to further accelerate the pace of development, he asked people to eradicate evils like corruption and female foeticide.
Hooda said his government had spent over Rs 3221.89 crore on development of Rewari district and out of this over Rs 1697.14 crore had so far being spent on various development works in Rewari assembly constituency.
As compared to this, the previous INLD government had spent merely Rs 435.48 crore on development of Rewari district from 2000 to 2005, he said.
Hooda said emphasis was being laid on development of industry in Rewari and industrial model township Bawal had emerged as a major industrial hub.
A master plan had been prepared for Manesar-Bawal investment region and an integrated multi-model hub would also be developed in Rewari district, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert