Escaping from police custody, prisoner killed in accident
Ambala: A prisoner, who had escaped from police custody and was fleeing in a car after threatening its owner, was killed when a truck rammed into their vehicle on Ambala Jagadhri Highway, police said.
Gurjinder Singh, who was lodged in Nawanshahr jail in Punjab, died on the spot while the car owner Pardeep succumbed to his injuries at PGIMER at Chandigarh.
Singh has escaped from police custody when the cops were taking him to a court in connection with a case yesterday morning. Singh later stopped a car and forced Pardeep Kumar, a resident of Balachaur, to take him towards Haryana.
When they were crossing village Saha close to Ambala Cantt late last night their car rammed into the truck.
Nawanshahr police in Punjab have been informed. The bodies of the two were kept in a mortuary at local civil hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees