Escaping from police custody, prisoner killed in accident
Ambala: A prisoner, who had escaped from police custody and was fleeing in a car after threatening its owner, was killed when a truck rammed into their vehicle on Ambala Jagadhri Highway, police said.
Gurjinder Singh, who was lodged in Nawanshahr jail in Punjab, died on the spot while the car owner Pardeep succumbed to his injuries at PGIMER at Chandigarh.
Singh has escaped from police custody when the cops were taking him to a court in connection with a case yesterday morning. Singh later stopped a car and forced Pardeep Kumar, a resident of Balachaur, to take him towards Haryana.
When they were crossing village Saha close to Ambala Cantt late last night their car rammed into the truck.
Nawanshahr police in Punjab have been informed. The bodies of the two were kept in a mortuary at local civil hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?