Escaping from police custody, prisoner killed in accident
Ambala: A prisoner, who had escaped from police custody and was fleeing in a car after threatening its owner, was killed when a truck rammed into their vehicle on Ambala Jagadhri Highway, police said.
Gurjinder Singh, who was lodged in Nawanshahr jail in Punjab, died on the spot while the car owner Pardeep succumbed to his injuries at PGIMER at Chandigarh.
Singh has escaped from police custody when the cops were taking him to a court in connection with a case yesterday morning. Singh later stopped a car and forced Pardeep Kumar, a resident of Balachaur, to take him towards Haryana.
When they were crossing village Saha close to Ambala Cantt late last night their car rammed into the truck.
Nawanshahr police in Punjab have been informed. The bodies of the two were kept in a mortuary at local civil hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon