Escaping from police custody, prisoner killed in accident
Ambala: A prisoner, who had escaped from police custody and was fleeing in a car after threatening its owner, was killed when a truck rammed into their vehicle on Ambala Jagadhri Highway, police said.
Gurjinder Singh, who was lodged in Nawanshahr jail in Punjab, died on the spot while the car owner Pardeep succumbed to his injuries at PGIMER at Chandigarh.
Singh has escaped from police custody when the cops were taking him to a court in connection with a case yesterday morning. Singh later stopped a car and forced Pardeep Kumar, a resident of Balachaur, to take him towards Haryana.
When they were crossing village Saha close to Ambala Cantt late last night their car rammed into the truck.
Nawanshahr police in Punjab have been informed. The bodies of the two were kept in a mortuary at local civil hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch