Evidence indicate Fiza committed suicide: Police
Mohali (Pb): Ruling out any foul play, the Mohali Police on Tuesday said all evidence indicated that Fiza aka Anuradha Bali, the estranged second wife of former Haryana Deputy Chief Minister Chander Mohan, had committed suicide.
According to Fiza`s post-mortem report and police investigations, "it seems she has committed suicide", Mohali SSP Gurpreet Singh Bhullar told reporters here.
The three-member Medical Board, which handed over the report to the Special Investigation Team of the Mohali Police yesterday, had opined that Fiza had died due to poisoning by aluminium phosphide in the presence of ethyl alcohol.
The post-mortem report, prepared by doctors P S Bhatti, Neera Verma and Sukhwinder Kaur, had said "the cause of death in our opinion is poisoning due to aluminium phosphide in the presence of ethyl alcohol."
The SSP said Fiza`s advocate-friend Ranjeet Hooda had also told the SIT that she was under depression.
"Though the medical report is not the last evidence, we rule out any foul play in her death as of now," he said.
The highly decomposed body of 39-year-old Fiza was found at her Mohali residence on August six.
Fiza had shot into limelight four years ago following her controversial marriage to Chander Mohan, son of former Haryana Chief Minister Bhajan Lal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog