EVMs to be used in panchayat elections in Haryana
Gurgaon: Electronic Voting Machines would
be used for the first time in panchayat elections in Haryana
when people would elect local body leaders in 13 districts of
the state next month.
This was stated by State Election Commissioner Dharam
Vir while addressing a meeting of officers attached to
elections in the districts falling in Gurgaon division today.
He said panchayat elections were scheduled to be held
in 13 districts next month, for which dates are yet to be
In Gurgaon division, elections would be held in five
districts, except Rewari. Elections in each district would be
conducted in two phases to ensure adequate security
The schedule of panchayat and local body elections would
be announced only after publication of voters lists, he said.
Elections to Faridabad Municipal Corporation were
scheduled to be held this month but the exercise would be held
only after a probe is conducted into the the alleged increase
in the number of voters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened