EVMs to be used in panchayat elections in Haryana
Gurgaon: Electronic Voting Machines would
be used for the first time in panchayat elections in Haryana
when people would elect local body leaders in 13 districts of
the state next month.
This was stated by State Election Commissioner Dharam
Vir while addressing a meeting of officers attached to
elections in the districts falling in Gurgaon division today.
He said panchayat elections were scheduled to be held
in 13 districts next month, for which dates are yet to be
In Gurgaon division, elections would be held in five
districts, except Rewari. Elections in each district would be
conducted in two phases to ensure adequate security
The schedule of panchayat and local body elections would
be announced only after publication of voters lists, he said.
Elections to Faridabad Municipal Corporation were
scheduled to be held this month but the exercise would be held
only after a probe is conducted into the the alleged increase
in the number of voters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!