Ex-minister blames Cong for Chautala`s woes
New Delhi: In a setback to CBI, prosecution witness and former Haryana minister Karan Singh Dalal has blamed Congress party for the woes of legally-embattled
state`s former Chief Minister OP Chautala, facing trial in a Delhi court in a disproportionate assets case.
Dalal, testifying before special judge PS Teji, alleged that the members of the inquiry committee, constituted to look into the allegations against Chautala, were "directed by the
Congress party" to collect materials against him.
The agency, which arrayed Dalal as its second prosecution witness, was in for the shock as he did not support its case.
"The committee was constituted as per the decision of the Congress party in Haryana and it was decided by the party (as to who would be) the chairman and members (of the inquiry
"All the members of the committee were directed by the party to collect materials against Om Prakash Chautala and his family and consolidate the same," Dalal, former agriculture
minister, testified as a prosecution witness.
Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) leader Chautala is facing trial for allegedly possessing wealth exceeding his legal income. The CBI, on March 26 last year, had filed the charge
sheet against Chautala, indicting him for allegedly possessing assets worth Rs 6.09 crore, far exceeding his legal income between 1993 and 2006.
The chargesheet had said Chautala`s wealth was 189 percent more than his income of Rs 3.22 crore during the period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins