Ex-MLA arrested for cheating
Yamunanagar: A former MLA was on Saturday arrested in a case of cheating, police said.
Roshan Lal Arya was arrested from Ropar after a complaint was lodged against him for allegedly not paying his dues to a marriage palace owner, police said.
A case was registered against Arya on Thursday at police station (City) Yamunanagar under various Sections of the IPC.
Arya was produced in a local court, which remanded him to police custody for a day.
The case was registered against him by a marriage palace owner Ramesh Kumar Verma, who alleged that Arya was not paying his outstanding dues for past over two years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert