Ex-prez of Hisar Municipal Council gets life term
Hisar: A former President of Hisar Municipal Council was on Tuesday awarded life imprisonment by a local court here for poisoning a youth in 2009.
Veena Jhamb was found guilty by Additional District and Sessions Judge Reetu Tagore of killing Ranbir by poisoning him.
Jhamb, who is also a former President of Indian National Lok Dal`s women cell in Hisar, was ordered to pay a fine of Rs 15,000 as well. If defaulted to do so she would have to undergo an imprisonment of another six months.
According to the prosecution, the police had registered a case on May 16, 2009 against Veena Jhamb on a complaint of victim`s brother Bhanwar Singh Saini.
Saini had alleged that his brother Ranbir alias Tillu died after taking some poisonous substances which was given by Veena Jhamb when he had visited her house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit consequence: British thaali may give Indian lady's finger a miss
- Ajay Devgn to star in Rohit Shetty's 'Golmaal 4'! Details inside
- WATCH: Harbhajan Singh was up against a wrestler...See What Happened Next...
- After NSG setback, India joins Missile Technology Control Regime as full member; China awaits membership
- Hrithik Roshan – Kangana Ranaut legal tussle: Everything will come out soon, says actor