Ex-prez of Hisar Municipal Council gets life term
Hisar: A former President of Hisar Municipal Council was on Tuesday awarded life imprisonment by a local court here for poisoning a youth in 2009.
Veena Jhamb was found guilty by Additional District and Sessions Judge Reetu Tagore of killing Ranbir by poisoning him.
Jhamb, who is also a former President of Indian National Lok Dal`s women cell in Hisar, was ordered to pay a fine of Rs 15,000 as well. If defaulted to do so she would have to undergo an imprisonment of another six months.
According to the prosecution, the police had registered a case on May 16, 2009 against Veena Jhamb on a complaint of victim`s brother Bhanwar Singh Saini.
Saini had alleged that his brother Ranbir alias Tillu died after taking some poisonous substances which was given by Veena Jhamb when he had visited her house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon