Ex-prez of Hisar Municipal Council gets life term
Hisar: A former President of Hisar Municipal Council was on Tuesday awarded life imprisonment by a local court here for poisoning a youth in 2009.
Veena Jhamb was found guilty by Additional District and Sessions Judge Reetu Tagore of killing Ranbir by poisoning him.
Jhamb, who is also a former President of Indian National Lok Dal`s women cell in Hisar, was ordered to pay a fine of Rs 15,000 as well. If defaulted to do so she would have to undergo an imprisonment of another six months.
According to the prosecution, the police had registered a case on May 16, 2009 against Veena Jhamb on a complaint of victim`s brother Bhanwar Singh Saini.
Saini had alleged that his brother Ranbir alias Tillu died after taking some poisonous substances which was given by Veena Jhamb when he had visited her house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...