Ex-prez of Hisar Municipal Council gets life term
Hisar: A former President of Hisar Municipal Council was on Tuesday awarded life imprisonment by a local court here for poisoning a youth in 2009.
Veena Jhamb was found guilty by Additional District and Sessions Judge Reetu Tagore of killing Ranbir by poisoning him.
Jhamb, who is also a former President of Indian National Lok Dal`s women cell in Hisar, was ordered to pay a fine of Rs 15,000 as well. If defaulted to do so she would have to undergo an imprisonment of another six months.
According to the prosecution, the police had registered a case on May 16, 2009 against Veena Jhamb on a complaint of victim`s brother Bhanwar Singh Saini.
Saini had alleged that his brother Ranbir alias Tillu died after taking some poisonous substances which was given by Veena Jhamb when he had visited her house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY