Ex-sarpanch murder: Witness found dead
Chandigarh: The son of the key witness in the Karnal`s former sarpanch murder case on Thursday sought a CBI probe into the killing of his father, who was found dead under mysterious circumstances on Wednesday.
The Karnal district administration has forwarded his request to the state government, police said.
The prosecution witness Chamel Singh, missing since Tuesday, was found dead yesterday in a park close to Sector-4 police station in Karnal, they said.
Chamel, native of a Panipat village, had gone missing a day after he was interrogated by the Crime Branch in connection with the murder of former sarpanch Karam Singh.
"We are investigating the case. So far no arrests have been made and we still do not know the exact reason behind the death," Rohtak Range IGP V Kamaraja said.
Karam Singh was found dead near National Dairy Research Institute Karnal, about 130 km from here, on June 07.
His kin had accused Haryana Transport Minister OP Jain and a local MLA Zile Ram of playing a role in the "murder". The duo later resigned, apparently under Opposition pressure.
The victim`s kin Anil Kumar had alleged that Karam had given money to some people for some work but that was not done and when he demanded it back, he was threatened with dire consequences.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference