Ex-sarpanch murder: Witness found dead
Chandigarh: The son of the key witness in the Karnal`s former sarpanch murder case on Thursday sought a CBI probe into the killing of his father, who was found dead under mysterious circumstances on Wednesday.
The Karnal district administration has forwarded his request to the state government, police said.
The prosecution witness Chamel Singh, missing since Tuesday, was found dead yesterday in a park close to Sector-4 police station in Karnal, they said.
Chamel, native of a Panipat village, had gone missing a day after he was interrogated by the Crime Branch in connection with the murder of former sarpanch Karam Singh.
"We are investigating the case. So far no arrests have been made and we still do not know the exact reason behind the death," Rohtak Range IGP V Kamaraja said.
Karam Singh was found dead near National Dairy Research Institute Karnal, about 130 km from here, on June 07.
His kin had accused Haryana Transport Minister OP Jain and a local MLA Zile Ram of playing a role in the "murder". The duo later resigned, apparently under Opposition pressure.
The victim`s kin Anil Kumar had alleged that Karam had given money to some people for some work but that was not done and when he demanded it back, he was threatened with dire consequences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it