Family accuses hospital staff of swapping babies
Hisar: The family of a woman, who gave birth to a child at a private nursing home, here on Tuesday accused its staff of swapping their newborn boy with a girl.
28-year-old Deepika, resident of Ludas village, delivered a child this morning at Sawant Nursing Home. The hospital nurse and sweeper informed her family that their new born is a boy and sought tip for the same, the family members alleged.
About five hours later the family members found out that the newborn is a girl.
The situation became tense as they accused the hospital of swapping their newborn boy, following which police was called to probe the matter.
However, Dr Satya Sawant, medical director of the nursing home, claims that Deepika delivered a baby girl and the family was misinformed by the nurse.
"A girl was born to Deepika and the error occurred at the level of one nurse (Kamlesh). The doctor on duty and another nurse have confirmed that Deepika delivered a female child. The entry of male child in the register was also an error on the part of the nurse," he said.
According to Duty Magistrate Sumit Kumar, DNA test of the child and mother will be done to investigate the matter.
Sawant said when the police interrogated Kamlesh, she fell unconscious and could not give a statement.
"It seems to be an inadvertent error by the hospital staff because half a dozen deliveries took place the previous night," Kumar said.
The family members of Deepika have agreed to wait till the DNA report comes from Hyderabad, Kumar said, adding, the girl child will remain with her till that time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened