Farmer protesting against land acquisition dies
Fatehabad: A farmer sitting on a dharna along with other peasants to protest acquisition of land for the proposed nuclear power plant in the district died on Tuesday at PGIMS, Rohtak.
Ishwar Singh Siwach, a Gorakhpur village farmer, was shifted from the Civil Hospital, Fatehabad, to Rohtak last evening in a serious condition, police said. He died this morning, they said.
The 60-year-old farmer was taken ill, when he was sitting on the dharna outside the mini-secretariat here on Saturday and his condition deteriorated on Sunday.
He was shifted to civil hospital after he complained of pain in his chest and uneasiness. Doctors at Civil Hospital then referred him to the PGIMS, Rohtak.
In December last year, a farmer Bhagu Ram had died after he was taken ill, while sitting on a dharna.
Farmers have been sitting on dharnas for the past several months to protest acquisition of their land for the proposed nuclear power plant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users