Farmer protesting against land acquisition dies
Fatehabad: A farmer sitting on a dharna along with other peasants to protest acquisition of land for the proposed nuclear power plant in the district died on Tuesday at PGIMS, Rohtak.
Ishwar Singh Siwach, a Gorakhpur village farmer, was shifted from the Civil Hospital, Fatehabad, to Rohtak last evening in a serious condition, police said. He died this morning, they said.
The 60-year-old farmer was taken ill, when he was sitting on the dharna outside the mini-secretariat here on Saturday and his condition deteriorated on Sunday.
He was shifted to civil hospital after he complained of pain in his chest and uneasiness. Doctors at Civil Hospital then referred him to the PGIMS, Rohtak.
In December last year, a farmer Bhagu Ram had died after he was taken ill, while sitting on a dharna.
Farmers have been sitting on dharnas for the past several months to protest acquisition of their land for the proposed nuclear power plant.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India