Farmer protesting against land acquisition dies
Fatehabad: A farmer sitting on a dharna along with other peasants to protest acquisition of land for the proposed nuclear power plant in the district died on Tuesday at PGIMS, Rohtak.
Ishwar Singh Siwach, a Gorakhpur village farmer, was shifted from the Civil Hospital, Fatehabad, to Rohtak last evening in a serious condition, police said. He died this morning, they said.
The 60-year-old farmer was taken ill, when he was sitting on the dharna outside the mini-secretariat here on Saturday and his condition deteriorated on Sunday.
He was shifted to civil hospital after he complained of pain in his chest and uneasiness. Doctors at Civil Hospital then referred him to the PGIMS, Rohtak.
In December last year, a farmer Bhagu Ram had died after he was taken ill, while sitting on a dharna.
Farmers have been sitting on dharnas for the past several months to protest acquisition of their land for the proposed nuclear power plant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state