Farmer shot dead in Faridabad, Rs 22 lakh looted
Faridabad, Haryana: A group of people shot dead a farmer here and escaped with his bag containing nearly Rs 22 lakh Tuesday evening, police said.
According to police, Bhim Singh, a resident of Dhani Babban Pur village here, was returning after selling a piece of land. His two sons, Gursewak Singh and Jasbir Singh, were also accompanying him.
"Bhim Singh was travelling in a car with his two sons. They were bringing around Rs 22 lakh (Rs. 2.2 million) after selling a piece of land. Around six unidentified youths blocked their way and fired at Bhim. They snatched the bag from his son and fled," Kapil Sihag, investigation officer of the case, said here Wednesday.
"We have registered a case against six accused and also detained one youth for questioning. It seems that it was the handiwork of someone who was known to the family. We are also checking the call details of Bhim and his sons," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early