Farmer shot dead in Faridabad, Rs 22 lakh looted
Faridabad, Haryana: A group of people shot dead a farmer here and escaped with his bag containing nearly Rs 22 lakh Tuesday evening, police said.
According to police, Bhim Singh, a resident of Dhani Babban Pur village here, was returning after selling a piece of land. His two sons, Gursewak Singh and Jasbir Singh, were also accompanying him.
"Bhim Singh was travelling in a car with his two sons. They were bringing around Rs 22 lakh (Rs. 2.2 million) after selling a piece of land. Around six unidentified youths blocked their way and fired at Bhim. They snatched the bag from his son and fled," Kapil Sihag, investigation officer of the case, said here Wednesday.
"We have registered a case against six accused and also detained one youth for questioning. It seems that it was the handiwork of someone who was known to the family. We are also checking the call details of Bhim and his sons," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- High-speed trains running on these five routes soon to be a reality
- Dalits are used as 'political weapon', says BSP chief Mayawati
- Russian athletics mess: Gloom and anger for athletes due to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- BSP workers hold protest, demand arrest of Dayashankar Singh
- BJP has no CM candidate in UP: Digvijaya