Farmer shot dead in Faridabad, Rs 22 lakh looted
Faridabad, Haryana: A group of people shot dead a farmer here and escaped with his bag containing nearly Rs 22 lakh Tuesday evening, police said.
According to police, Bhim Singh, a resident of Dhani Babban Pur village here, was returning after selling a piece of land. His two sons, Gursewak Singh and Jasbir Singh, were also accompanying him.
"Bhim Singh was travelling in a car with his two sons. They were bringing around Rs 22 lakh (Rs. 2.2 million) after selling a piece of land. Around six unidentified youths blocked their way and fired at Bhim. They snatched the bag from his son and fled," Kapil Sihag, investigation officer of the case, said here Wednesday.
"We have registered a case against six accused and also detained one youth for questioning. It seems that it was the handiwork of someone who was known to the family. We are also checking the call details of Bhim and his sons," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Indian-American Christians condemn attack on Syria church head
- UK opposition leader says Brexit vote is due to anger at governments
- Whoa! Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra's 4-minute act at IIFA costs a bomb!
- S Asians disappointed over US apex court ruling on immigration
- 'Sad day for Europe, Britain,' says German foreign minister