Farmer shot dead in Faridabad, Rs 22 lakh looted
Faridabad, Haryana: A group of people shot dead a farmer here and escaped with his bag containing nearly Rs 22 lakh Tuesday evening, police said.
According to police, Bhim Singh, a resident of Dhani Babban Pur village here, was returning after selling a piece of land. His two sons, Gursewak Singh and Jasbir Singh, were also accompanying him.
"Bhim Singh was travelling in a car with his two sons. They were bringing around Rs 22 lakh (Rs. 2.2 million) after selling a piece of land. Around six unidentified youths blocked their way and fired at Bhim. They snatched the bag from his son and fled," Kapil Sihag, investigation officer of the case, said here Wednesday.
"We have registered a case against six accused and also detained one youth for questioning. It seems that it was the handiwork of someone who was known to the family. We are also checking the call details of Bhim and his sons," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on political reasons responsible for 50 days of Kashmir unrest
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Two dead, seven injured in stampede after fire in Murshidabad hospital
- RSS to start awareness campaign against changing name of WB
- What a pervert! Bijnor imam caught on camera during rape – Watch shocking video
- Defender Cedric Soares renews contract with Southampton until 2020
- Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu, Dipa Karmakar, Pullela Gopichand to be gifted BMW cars