Farmer shot dead in Faridabad, Rs 22 lakh looted
Faridabad, Haryana: A group of people shot dead a farmer here and escaped with his bag containing nearly Rs 22 lakh Tuesday evening, police said.
According to police, Bhim Singh, a resident of Dhani Babban Pur village here, was returning after selling a piece of land. His two sons, Gursewak Singh and Jasbir Singh, were also accompanying him.
"Bhim Singh was travelling in a car with his two sons. They were bringing around Rs 22 lakh (Rs. 2.2 million) after selling a piece of land. Around six unidentified youths blocked their way and fired at Bhim. They snatched the bag from his son and fled," Kapil Sihag, investigation officer of the case, said here Wednesday.
"We have registered a case against six accused and also detained one youth for questioning. It seems that it was the handiwork of someone who was known to the family. We are also checking the call details of Bhim and his sons," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what