Farmers in Haryana to get soil health card
Chandigarh: All farmers in Haryana will be
issued soil health cards by March 31, 2012.
About ten lakh soil health cards have so far been
distributed among farmers out of 15.26 lakh farmers in the
state, an official spokesman said here Thursday.
Various state delegations from Jharkhand, Jammu and
Kashmir, Maharashtra and Himachal Pradesh had had visited
Haryana to study the project, the spokesman said.
The states of Orissa and Rajasthan had also collected
details about the scheme from the Agriculture Department in
Under the project, soil specimens were collected and
examined by scientists for their mineral composition in soil
testing laboratories in order to determine the appropriate
fertilisers to enrich the soil.
Soil health cards were then prepared on the basis of the
tests in the laboratories and delivered to the farmers, the
The Agriculture Department had also started an SMS
service to inform farmers to collect the cards immediately
after they were prepared.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!