Farmers in Haryana to get soil health card
Chandigarh: All farmers in Haryana will be
issued soil health cards by March 31, 2012.
About ten lakh soil health cards have so far been
distributed among farmers out of 15.26 lakh farmers in the
state, an official spokesman said here Thursday.
Various state delegations from Jharkhand, Jammu and
Kashmir, Maharashtra and Himachal Pradesh had had visited
Haryana to study the project, the spokesman said.
The states of Orissa and Rajasthan had also collected
details about the scheme from the Agriculture Department in
Under the project, soil specimens were collected and
examined by scientists for their mineral composition in soil
testing laboratories in order to determine the appropriate
fertilisers to enrich the soil.
Soil health cards were then prepared on the basis of the
tests in the laboratories and delivered to the farmers, the
The Agriculture Department had also started an SMS
service to inform farmers to collect the cards immediately
after they were prepared.
- Soil from grave of World War-I hero, Risaldar Badlu Singh, brought to India by BJP minister
- 'Sighed with relief only after Osama Bin Laden's body reached Afghanistan' - Barack Obama in candid interview
- Sony launches water-resistant SRS-XB3 portable wireless speakers at Rs 12,990
- Check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in for Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016
- Rahul Gandhi as UP CM? Twitteratis had a blast