Farmers in Haryana to get soil health card
Chandigarh: All farmers in Haryana will be
issued soil health cards by March 31, 2012.
About ten lakh soil health cards have so far been
distributed among farmers out of 15.26 lakh farmers in the
state, an official spokesman said here Thursday.
Various state delegations from Jharkhand, Jammu and
Kashmir, Maharashtra and Himachal Pradesh had had visited
Haryana to study the project, the spokesman said.
The states of Orissa and Rajasthan had also collected
details about the scheme from the Agriculture Department in
Under the project, soil specimens were collected and
examined by scientists for their mineral composition in soil
testing laboratories in order to determine the appropriate
fertilisers to enrich the soil.
Soil health cards were then prepared on the basis of the
tests in the laboratories and delivered to the farmers, the
The Agriculture Department had also started an SMS
service to inform farmers to collect the cards immediately
after they were prepared.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey