Father stabs to death 8-yr old physically challenged daughter
Ambala: An eight-year old physically challenged girl was brutally stabbed to death allegedly by her father in Shanti Nagar at Ambala City on Haryana on Sunday.
Rajni was suffering from polio soon after birth and was unable to walk properly, police said.
They said that it has not yet been ascertained what provoked Neelpal, the father of the victim, to commit such a crime.
A relative of Neelpal told the police that he has five daughters and his income was very low working as a carpenter in a furniture shop and was finding it difficult to bring up a physically challenged child.
Neelpal`s mother told the police that her son started beating Rajni mercilessly without any reason this morning. She informed the matter to one of her close relatives who resides nearby.
According to the relative, when he came there he saw Rajni lying in a pool of blood and a sword by her side.
Neelpal was present in the house when the police arrived at the site of crime and arrested him on charge of murdering his daughter. The police also recovered the sword lying near Rajni`s body.
Rajni`s mother Harjeet Kaur told police that she and her elder daughter attempted to stop Neelpal from beating Rajni but he continued to do so and later attacked her with a sword.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!