Father stabs to death 8-yr old physically challenged daughter
Ambala: An eight-year old physically challenged girl was brutally stabbed to death allegedly by her father in Shanti Nagar at Ambala City on Haryana on Sunday.
Rajni was suffering from polio soon after birth and was unable to walk properly, police said.
They said that it has not yet been ascertained what provoked Neelpal, the father of the victim, to commit such a crime.
A relative of Neelpal told the police that he has five daughters and his income was very low working as a carpenter in a furniture shop and was finding it difficult to bring up a physically challenged child.
Neelpal`s mother told the police that her son started beating Rajni mercilessly without any reason this morning. She informed the matter to one of her close relatives who resides nearby.
According to the relative, when he came there he saw Rajni lying in a pool of blood and a sword by her side.
Neelpal was present in the house when the police arrived at the site of crime and arrested him on charge of murdering his daughter. The police also recovered the sword lying near Rajni`s body.
Rajni`s mother Harjeet Kaur told police that she and her elder daughter attempted to stop Neelpal from beating Rajni but he continued to do so and later attacked her with a sword.
- Russian GP: Nico Rosberg wins seventh race in succession as Lewis Hamilton recovers to second spot
- No need for cash; pay through mobile phone at Café Coffee Day now
- VVIP chopper scam: RSS mouthpiece dares Congress to reveal who's 'Signora Gandhi' mentioned in Italian court
- EPL: Anthony Martial strikes as Manchester United make Leicester City wait for title
- PM Modi visits Varanasi, launches 'e-boats' at Assi Ghat: In Pics