FDI in multi-brand retail will benefit farmers: Bhupinder Singh Hooda
Gurgaon: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Tuesday said he was in favour of FDI in multi-brand retail from the very beginning.
"FDI in retail will help farmers. They will get right prices of their produce because companies will purchase directly from them," Hooda told reporters here after the inauguration of Rapid Metro`s trial run.
Consumers would also get quality products at comparatively cheaper rates, he said.
"India is second largest producer of vegetables and fruits in the world. During exports, about 30 to 40 per cent fruits and vegetables perish. Once FDI enters in retail, number of cold chains will increase and this will help in avoiding wastage," he said.
Moreover, the role of middlemen would be over and thus farmers would get right price of their produce.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming