FDI in multi-brand retail will benefit farmers: Bhupinder Singh Hooda
Gurgaon: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Tuesday said he was in favour of FDI in multi-brand retail from the very beginning.
"FDI in retail will help farmers. They will get right prices of their produce because companies will purchase directly from them," Hooda told reporters here after the inauguration of Rapid Metro`s trial run.
Consumers would also get quality products at comparatively cheaper rates, he said.
"India is second largest producer of vegetables and fruits in the world. During exports, about 30 to 40 per cent fruits and vegetables perish. Once FDI enters in retail, number of cold chains will increase and this will help in avoiding wastage," he said.
Moreover, the role of middlemen would be over and thus farmers would get right price of their produce.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far