FDI in multi-brand retail will benefit farmers: Bhupinder Singh Hooda
Gurgaon: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Tuesday said he was in favour of FDI in multi-brand retail from the very beginning.
"FDI in retail will help farmers. They will get right prices of their produce because companies will purchase directly from them," Hooda told reporters here after the inauguration of Rapid Metro`s trial run.
Consumers would also get quality products at comparatively cheaper rates, he said.
"India is second largest producer of vegetables and fruits in the world. During exports, about 30 to 40 per cent fruits and vegetables perish. Once FDI enters in retail, number of cold chains will increase and this will help in avoiding wastage," he said.
Moreover, the role of middlemen would be over and thus farmers would get right price of their produce.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details