FDI in multi-brand retail will benefit farmers: Bhupinder Singh Hooda
Gurgaon: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Tuesday said he was in favour of FDI in multi-brand retail from the very beginning.
"FDI in retail will help farmers. They will get right prices of their produce because companies will purchase directly from them," Hooda told reporters here after the inauguration of Rapid Metro`s trial run.
Consumers would also get quality products at comparatively cheaper rates, he said.
"India is second largest producer of vegetables and fruits in the world. During exports, about 30 to 40 per cent fruits and vegetables perish. Once FDI enters in retail, number of cold chains will increase and this will help in avoiding wastage," he said.
Moreover, the role of middlemen would be over and thus farmers would get right price of their produce.
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Kane Williamson named New Zealand skipper for all three formats
- Hema Malini congratulates Deepika for her engagement!
- Mizoram HSLC Board Results 2016: MBSE HSLC Class 10 exam Results (mbse.edu.in) to be declared today
- Docoss X1 Smartphone at Rs 888: All you want to know
- Indian Premier League 9: 82* vs Gujarat Lions was probably my best T20 knock, says Chris Morris