FDI in multi-brand retail will benefit farmers: Bhupinder Singh Hooda
Gurgaon: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Tuesday said he was in favour of FDI in multi-brand retail from the very beginning.
"FDI in retail will help farmers. They will get right prices of their produce because companies will purchase directly from them," Hooda told reporters here after the inauguration of Rapid Metro`s trial run.
Consumers would also get quality products at comparatively cheaper rates, he said.
"India is second largest producer of vegetables and fruits in the world. During exports, about 30 to 40 per cent fruits and vegetables perish. Once FDI enters in retail, number of cold chains will increase and this will help in avoiding wastage," he said.
Moreover, the role of middlemen would be over and thus farmers would get right price of their produce.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?