FIR registered against Haryana MLA, others in power theft case
Chandigarh: The Dakshin Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam on Thursday lodged a FIR against INLD Rania MLA Krishan Kamboj and a few others in alleged power theft case.
The DHBVN said the action of the MLA and other accused was in violation of provisions of the Electricity Act 2003 as consumers` power cables had been connected to the distribution system of the DHBVN bypassing their energy meters.
The FIR has been lodged in the Rania police station in Sirsa district, over 300 km from here.
"The MLA has tampered the system of the Nigam which is in violation of the provisions of the Electricity Act," the power utilities body said in the FIR.
Kamboj, a first-time MLA has refuted the charges, saying it was the consumers, who were fed up with excessive billing, who may have directly connected their cables bypassing the meters and not him as the case has been made out.
The DHBVN has made cases against Naurang, Rameshwari Devi, Chander Bhan, Rai Sahib and Hem Raj of the village.
"Penalty against the consumers is being calculated," it said, adding that complaints will also be lodged with the police.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?