FIR registered against Haryana MLA, others in power theft case
Chandigarh: The Dakshin Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam on Thursday lodged a FIR against INLD Rania MLA Krishan Kamboj and a few others in alleged power theft case.
The DHBVN said the action of the MLA and other accused was in violation of provisions of the Electricity Act 2003 as consumers` power cables had been connected to the distribution system of the DHBVN bypassing their energy meters.
The FIR has been lodged in the Rania police station in Sirsa district, over 300 km from here.
"The MLA has tampered the system of the Nigam which is in violation of the provisions of the Electricity Act," the power utilities body said in the FIR.
Kamboj, a first-time MLA has refuted the charges, saying it was the consumers, who were fed up with excessive billing, who may have directly connected their cables bypassing the meters and not him as the case has been made out.
The DHBVN has made cases against Naurang, Rameshwari Devi, Chander Bhan, Rai Sahib and Hem Raj of the village.
"Penalty against the consumers is being calculated," it said, adding that complaints will also be lodged with the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender