FIR registered against Haryana MLA, others in power theft case
Chandigarh: The Dakshin Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam on Thursday lodged a FIR against INLD Rania MLA Krishan Kamboj and a few others in alleged power theft case.
The DHBVN said the action of the MLA and other accused was in violation of provisions of the Electricity Act 2003 as consumers` power cables had been connected to the distribution system of the DHBVN bypassing their energy meters.
The FIR has been lodged in the Rania police station in Sirsa district, over 300 km from here.
"The MLA has tampered the system of the Nigam which is in violation of the provisions of the Electricity Act," the power utilities body said in the FIR.
Kamboj, a first-time MLA has refuted the charges, saying it was the consumers, who were fed up with excessive billing, who may have directly connected their cables bypassing the meters and not him as the case has been made out.
The DHBVN has made cases against Naurang, Rameshwari Devi, Chander Bhan, Rai Sahib and Hem Raj of the village.
"Penalty against the consumers is being calculated," it said, adding that complaints will also be lodged with the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?