Fire breaks out in Manesar factory
Gurgaon: A fire broke out on Thursday at a factory in the Manesar industrial township of Haryana near here. No one was injured in the incident, an official said.
The fire broke out in Nippon Audiotronix Ltd in Sector 8 of Manesar around 2 pm. The company manufactures audio systems and car security systems for Maruti Suzuki.
Five fire tenders were pressed into service to control the blaze, senior fireman Narender Singh Yadav said.
The packing materials that were kept under the stairs of basement caught fire but the blaze was brought under control within half-an-hour.
"The cause behind the fire was yet to be ascertained. The company has its own fire fighter system but it failed as the company has not appointed firemen," Yadav added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre