Fire destroys election records at SCERT Gurgaon
Gurgaon: Important records related to elections were destroyed by a fire that broke out Sunday at the State Council of Education and Training (SCERT) office here, a fire officer said.
A fire broke out at SCERT office here on Alwar Road, close to Gurgaon Police Commissioner`s office.
"We got an information regarding the incident 3.45 p.m. and four fire tenders from the Bhim Nagar fire station were immediately pressed into service. Fourteen other fire tenders were also called from other stations of the city," fire officer Sukhbir Singh told IANS.
"Eighteen fire tenders and nearly 50 fire fighters took more than an hour to control the blaze," he said.
The cause of the fire was yet to be ascertained but, according to a watchman on the spot, an electrical short circuit could be the reason behind the blaze in which important documents and files kept in the office were burnt.
"The spacious record room on the first floor was full of important files, including election records," the fire officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal