Fire destroys election records at SCERT Gurgaon
Gurgaon: Important records related to elections were destroyed by a fire that broke out Sunday at the State Council of Education and Training (SCERT) office here, a fire officer said.
A fire broke out at SCERT office here on Alwar Road, close to Gurgaon Police Commissioner`s office.
"We got an information regarding the incident 3.45 p.m. and four fire tenders from the Bhim Nagar fire station were immediately pressed into service. Fourteen other fire tenders were also called from other stations of the city," fire officer Sukhbir Singh told IANS.
"Eighteen fire tenders and nearly 50 fire fighters took more than an hour to control the blaze," he said.
The cause of the fire was yet to be ascertained but, according to a watchman on the spot, an electrical short circuit could be the reason behind the blaze in which important documents and files kept in the office were burnt.
"The spacious record room on the first floor was full of important files, including election records," the fire officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!