Five arrested for raping a teenage girl, preparing film in Haryana
Hisar: Police on arrested five youths for allegedly raping a teenage girl in the district and preparing her obscene video on a mobile phone.
The arrest was made under Sections 376 (rape), 292 (sale etc of obscene video), 506 (criminal intimidation) and some other Sections of the IPC, police said.
The girl, a class tenth student, yesterday made a complaint to Barwala police that about two months back while returning from an agriculture field the youths Pradeep, Baru and Golia of her village raped her at knife-point and made a video-clip on a mobile phone.
The 18-year-old victim alleged that the accused threatened her of dire consequences if she revealed the matter to anyone.
The video was allegedly circulated to other youths in the village through MMS, she alleged.
The victim also told the police after some days another youth of the village, Kuldeep, stopped her and showed her the video. He allegedly threatened the victim and raped her.
Later on after a few days, Kuldeep and another youth Mange Ram came to her house when she was alone and both allegedly raped her.
Yesterday, when the victim had gone out of her house to make some purchases, Rohtas, brother of Kuldeep tried to take her forcibly towards a house, but she, managed to escape and narrated the incident to her family.
After the victim`s medical examination, the police have registered a case against six persons and arrested five youths.
District Police Chief B Satheesh Balan along with other police officers yesterday visited Barwala police station and ordered the concerned staff to take stern action against the culprits.
In the recent past, a number of rape cases, particularly involving teenaged victims have come to light.
During the past four months, two teenaged rape victims, both Dalits, committed self-immolation after being raped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part IV
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part V
- BIZARRE: On this flight, passengers go nude at 30,000 feet altitude – Watch viral video
- PITIABLE PLIGHT OF INDIAN ATHLETES: Training with worn-out shoes, Rio-bound sprinter Dutee Chand pleads for new pair
- Toll in Kashmir unrest climbs to 47, curfew continues in five districts
- AAP MLA Naresh Yadav, booked in Malerkotla sacrilege incident, arrested by Punjab police
- Ahead of key confidence vote, Nepal PM KP Sharma Oli resigns as prime minister