Five family members sentenced to life imprisonment in Haryana
Hisar: Five members of a family have been sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court here for murdering three brothers in Tibba Danasher locality here in 2011.
The court of Additional District and Sessions Judge S K Sharma convicted a father and his four sons to life imprisonment.
In the judgement delivered on Saturday, the court held Bhagwan Swarup Soni, his four sons Pawan Kumar, Chetan, Manmohan and Shelender guilty of murdering three brothers Mohan Lal, Pradeep alias Dholu and Joginder alias Pingga.
Besides, all the accused were ordered to pay a fine of Rs 25,000 each and in case of default of payment of fine, they would further undergo imprisonment for six months, the court held.
The court also awarded two years imprisonment to Pawan and Chetan under the Arms Act after finding them guilty in this case and imposed a fine of Rs 5000 each. The sentence will run concurrently.
According to the prosecution, Mohan Lal had gone to the shop of Chetan for recharging his mobile for Rs 50. As the mobile was not recharged, he again went to the shop where a dispute took place.
It was alleged that Chetan and his brother Pawan along with others fired at Mohan and Pradeep killing them on the spot.
Later the assailants went to the house of deceased and started beating another brother Joginder and killed him outside the house.
Police had registered a case under section 302 (murder) and Arms Act against the accused on a complaint of Tek Chand, uncle of the deceased.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened