Five get life imprisonment for murder in Haryana
Jind (Hr): Five persons were today sentenced to life imprisonment by a court here for murdering a person in the district about three years ago.
Additional District and Session Judge Sandeep Garg sentenced the five accused to life imprisonment for murdering Balkar Singh in Naryangarh village of Narvana area in the district on August 23 in 2010.
According to prosecution, they have killed the Singh over the Sarpanch`s election row.
While sentencing Jogendra, Mahendra, Vedprakash, Naresh and Jethu to life imprisonment, the court has also imposed a penalty of Rs 22000 each on the five accused or one year additional imprisonment.
Twelve other accused were acquitted for want of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorists gun down policeman in Kashmir's Pulwama district
- BJP to hold meet with CMs' of party-ruled states, PM Modi to address concluding session
- JD(U) backs Mamata Banerjee, says resistance against Centre is growing
- Three low-intensity earthquakes hit Himachal Pradesh, no casualties
- SL vs AUS: How Graeme Smith and Dale Steyn ridiculed Steve Smith for heading home