Five get life imprisonment for murder in Haryana
Jind (Hr): Five persons were today sentenced to life imprisonment by a court here for murdering a person in the district about three years ago.
Additional District and Session Judge Sandeep Garg sentenced the five accused to life imprisonment for murdering Balkar Singh in Naryangarh village of Narvana area in the district on August 23 in 2010.
According to prosecution, they have killed the Singh over the Sarpanch`s election row.
While sentencing Jogendra, Mahendra, Vedprakash, Naresh and Jethu to life imprisonment, the court has also imposed a penalty of Rs 22000 each on the five accused or one year additional imprisonment.
Twelve other accused were acquitted for want of evidence.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- US, UN condemn Syria hospital bombing in war-ravaged Aleppo
- F-16 to boost precision strike capability in anti-terror operations: Pakistan
- UN Security Council readies North Korea missile test reply
- US Vice President Joe Biden on surprise visit to Iraq
- Panama papers scandal: Russia to join global fight against tax evasion