Five get life imprisonment for murder in Haryana
Jind (Hr): Five persons were today sentenced to life imprisonment by a court here for murdering a person in the district about three years ago.
Additional District and Session Judge Sandeep Garg sentenced the five accused to life imprisonment for murdering Balkar Singh in Naryangarh village of Narvana area in the district on August 23 in 2010.
According to prosecution, they have killed the Singh over the Sarpanch`s election row.
While sentencing Jogendra, Mahendra, Vedprakash, Naresh and Jethu to life imprisonment, the court has also imposed a penalty of Rs 22000 each on the five accused or one year additional imprisonment.
Twelve other accused were acquitted for want of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore