Five get life imprisonment for murder in Haryana
Jind (Hr): Five persons were today sentenced to life imprisonment by a court here for murdering a person in the district about three years ago.
Additional District and Session Judge Sandeep Garg sentenced the five accused to life imprisonment for murdering Balkar Singh in Naryangarh village of Narvana area in the district on August 23 in 2010.
According to prosecution, they have killed the Singh over the Sarpanch`s election row.
While sentencing Jogendra, Mahendra, Vedprakash, Naresh and Jethu to life imprisonment, the court has also imposed a penalty of Rs 22000 each on the five accused or one year additional imprisonment.
Twelve other accused were acquitted for want of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Nationwide frenzy as ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth arrives in style
- This is what Zakir Naik thinks about Narendra Modi, Islamic State and jihad
- India vs West Indies, 1st Test: Virender Sehwag predicted Virat Kohli's 12th ton before we all knew it!
- Lok Sabha adjourns after uproar over AAP MP Bhagwant Mann's Parliament video, other issues
- Book on LK Advani to be released without his consent?