Fiza`s sisters stake claim to her assets
Chandigarh: Three sisters of Anuradha Bali alias Fiza, former Haryana deputy chief minister Chander Mohan`s estranged second wife who was found dead, have moved a Mohali Court staking claim to her property.
Aditi Arya, Monika Sharma and Anjali Ramsoondur have filed a civil suit in the Mohali district courts seeking release of Fiza`s moveable and immoveable assets about two months after she was found dead under mysterious circumstances at her Mohali residence.
Fiza, former Haryana Assistant Advocate General, had grabbed headlines for her controversial marriage to Chander Mohan, elder son of former chief minister Bhajan Lal, in 2008 and her break up a few months later.
She is the the oldest of four sisters and has left behind a house in Mohali`s Sector 48-C, estimated to be worth around Rs two crore, besides cash and jewellery worth Rs three crore.
She had not left behind any will and her sisters yesterday moved the court and sought release of her assets as her "legal heirs".
The three sisters have also requested the court for transfer of ownership of Fiza`s Mohali house.
The civil suit would come up for hearing on December 10 before the court of Varun Nagpal, Civil Judge, Senior Division, Mohali.
Anuradha and Mohan had converted to Islam for their marriage changing their names to Fiza and Chand Mohammed.
The body of Fiza was found in a highly decomposed state, with viscera report pointing out that she died due to poisoning by aluminium phosphide in the presence of ethyl alcohol.
The Mohali police is investigating whether Fiza committed suicide or was murdered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried