Flag march conducted in Sirsa, curfew lifted
Sirsa: Over 1,000 armed police personnel took out a flag march in the markets after curfew was lifted in trouble-torn Sirsa on Friday.
Deputy Commissioner Dr J Ganesan said here on Friday that through this flag march, the message had been conveyed to anti-social elements that nobody would be allowed to violate any law and they would be dealt with sternly.
He said that Superintendent of Police, Dr Rajshree Singh, Additional Deputy Commissioner, Shiv Prasad Sharma, City Magistrate, Satish Kumar, Sub-Divisional Officer (Civil), Amarjeet Singh along with five DSPs and other officers of the administration and police took part in the flag march.
Thirty companies of the district Rapid Action Force took the flag march which comprised 26 companies of Haryana Police and Haryana Armed Police and four companies of Rapid Action Force.
He said that the flag march started from local police lines and after passing through Barnala road, Ambedkar Chowk, Parshuram Chowk, Hisaria Bazaar, Suratgarhia Chowk, Ghantaghar Chowk City Thana road, circular road, Shah Satnam Chowk, Begu road, village Begu and Bazekan, Bazekan Chowk, HUDA Chowk, bus stand reached police lines.
He said that the district administration was committed towards the safety and security of the people and such type of actions like flag march would be taken in the future too keeping in view their need.
He said that section 144 had been imposed in the district and police would be patrolling the city continuously.
District administration and district police were keeping a strict eye on the situation in the district.
He said that nakas had been laid at all the ways leading to the city and the vehicles entering the city were being checked so that no anti-social element could enter the city.
Dr Ganesan said that all Sub Divisional Officers (Civil), tehsildars, Block Development and Panchayat Officers had been directed to stay in their offices and remain in touch with the police stations to keep an eye on the situation.
In case they receive any information about violation of Section 144, the law and order being disturbed or public property being destroyed, they should take immediate action against the anti-social elements.
Also, Sub-Divisional Officers (Civil) had been directed to send daily report to the district headquarters in the evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Turkey will adhere to democratic principles, rule of law: Deputy PM
- Hallmark, ISI Mark, BEE Label –Know which certification marks are important for products you buy
- Sonam Kapoor in awe of Anamika Khanna, stuns in beige drape- Pic you cannot miss!
- WATCH: INCREDIBLE! When The Great Khali crushed two opponents in under a minute!
- Microsoft improves OneDrive photos, adds 'Pokemon Go' detector