Flash flood in river Ghaggar, one dies, 5 missing
Chandigarh: A youth drowned and 5 others went missing in a flash flood in river Ghaggar in Burj Kutia area in Haryana`s Panchkula district on Wednesday, police said.
Eight youths, celebrating a party, entered the river and were swept away in the flash flood, triggered by heavy rains in neighbouring Himachal, Panchkula Deputy Commissioner S S Phulia said.
Body of a youth was recovered while farmers rescued two others, he said.
Five youths were still missing and the district administration had sought Army`s help to trace them, the DC said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi