Flash flood in river Ghaggar, one dies, 5 missing
Chandigarh: A youth drowned and 5 others went missing in a flash flood in river Ghaggar in Burj Kutia area in Haryana`s Panchkula district on Wednesday, police said.
Eight youths, celebrating a party, entered the river and were swept away in the flash flood, triggered by heavy rains in neighbouring Himachal, Panchkula Deputy Commissioner S S Phulia said.
Body of a youth was recovered while farmers rescued two others, he said.
Five youths were still missing and the district administration had sought Army`s help to trace them, the DC said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Turkey discharges generals, shuts media outlets after coup
- Fed leaves rates unchanged but says US economy improving
- French church attackers pledged allegiance to ISIS in video
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region