Flash flood in river Ghaggar, one dies, 5 missing
Chandigarh: A youth drowned and 5 others went missing in a flash flood in river Ghaggar in Burj Kutia area in Haryana`s Panchkula district on Wednesday, police said.
Eight youths, celebrating a party, entered the river and were swept away in the flash flood, triggered by heavy rains in neighbouring Himachal, Panchkula Deputy Commissioner S S Phulia said.
Body of a youth was recovered while farmers rescued two others, he said.
Five youths were still missing and the district administration had sought Army`s help to trace them, the DC said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi