Flash flood in river Ghaggar, one dies, 5 missing
Chandigarh: A youth drowned and 5 others went missing in a flash flood in river Ghaggar in Burj Kutia area in Haryana`s Panchkula district on Wednesday, police said.
Eight youths, celebrating a party, entered the river and were swept away in the flash flood, triggered by heavy rains in neighbouring Himachal, Panchkula Deputy Commissioner S S Phulia said.
Body of a youth was recovered while farmers rescued two others, he said.
Five youths were still missing and the district administration had sought Army`s help to trace them, the DC said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Italy quake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Syria launched chemical attacks, IS used mustard gas: UN report
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact