Fog throws normal life out of gear in Punjab & Haryana
Chandigarh: A thick blanket of fog across Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh Tuesday morning threw normal life out of gear, even as minimum temperatures today further dipped.
According to the MeT Department here, fog reduced visibility considerably at several places including Chandigarh, Ambala, Karnal, Hisar, Bathinda, Ludhiana, Amritsar, Jalandhar among other places.
Fog during the past few days has paralysed normal life in the region and has badly hit the road, rail and air traffic.
Meanwhile, Narnaul in Haryana was the coldest place in the two states recording a minimum of 3.3 deg C, down four notches.
Hisar also shivered at a low of 4.6 deg C, down two degrees.
Amritsar was the coldest place in Punjab at 4.2 deg C, down one degree than normal. Ludhiana and Patiala recorded respective minimums of 7.6 deg C and 7 deg C.
Chandigarh recorded a low of 8.4 degrees Celsius while neighbouring town of Ambala registered a minimum of 9.5 deg C.
Karnal also experienced a cold night at 6.8 deg C, while Bhiwani shivered at 5.4 deg C.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?