Fog throws normal life out of gear in Punjab & Haryana
Chandigarh: A thick blanket of fog across Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh Tuesday morning threw normal life out of gear, even as minimum temperatures today further dipped.
According to the MeT Department here, fog reduced visibility considerably at several places including Chandigarh, Ambala, Karnal, Hisar, Bathinda, Ludhiana, Amritsar, Jalandhar among other places.
Fog during the past few days has paralysed normal life in the region and has badly hit the road, rail and air traffic.
Meanwhile, Narnaul in Haryana was the coldest place in the two states recording a minimum of 3.3 deg C, down four notches.
Hisar also shivered at a low of 4.6 deg C, down two degrees.
Amritsar was the coldest place in Punjab at 4.2 deg C, down one degree than normal. Ludhiana and Patiala recorded respective minimums of 7.6 deg C and 7 deg C.
Chandigarh recorded a low of 8.4 degrees Celsius while neighbouring town of Ambala registered a minimum of 9.5 deg C.
Karnal also experienced a cold night at 6.8 deg C, while Bhiwani shivered at 5.4 deg C.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vijay Mallya seeks dismissal of ED's plea seeking his presence
- Leander Paes could soon be 6th in list of most doubles victories
- Narendra Modi govt celebrates 2nd anniversary; Amitabh Bachchan urges to educate, give equality to girl child
- Will step down if chair becomes impediment in father's vision for J&K: Mehbooba Mufti
- Nuke programme made Pakistan's defence impregnable: Nawaz Sharif