Fog throws normal life out of gear in Punjab & Haryana
Chandigarh: A thick blanket of fog across Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh Tuesday morning threw normal life out of gear, even as minimum temperatures today further dipped.
According to the MeT Department here, fog reduced visibility considerably at several places including Chandigarh, Ambala, Karnal, Hisar, Bathinda, Ludhiana, Amritsar, Jalandhar among other places.
Fog during the past few days has paralysed normal life in the region and has badly hit the road, rail and air traffic.
Meanwhile, Narnaul in Haryana was the coldest place in the two states recording a minimum of 3.3 deg C, down four notches.
Hisar also shivered at a low of 4.6 deg C, down two degrees.
Amritsar was the coldest place in Punjab at 4.2 deg C, down one degree than normal. Ludhiana and Patiala recorded respective minimums of 7.6 deg C and 7 deg C.
Chandigarh recorded a low of 8.4 degrees Celsius while neighbouring town of Ambala registered a minimum of 9.5 deg C.
Karnal also experienced a cold night at 6.8 deg C, while Bhiwani shivered at 5.4 deg C.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack