Fog throws normal life out of gear in Punjab & Haryana
Chandigarh: A thick blanket of fog across Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh Tuesday morning threw normal life out of gear, even as minimum temperatures today further dipped.
According to the MeT Department here, fog reduced visibility considerably at several places including Chandigarh, Ambala, Karnal, Hisar, Bathinda, Ludhiana, Amritsar, Jalandhar among other places.
Fog during the past few days has paralysed normal life in the region and has badly hit the road, rail and air traffic.
Meanwhile, Narnaul in Haryana was the coldest place in the two states recording a minimum of 3.3 deg C, down four notches.
Hisar also shivered at a low of 4.6 deg C, down two degrees.
Amritsar was the coldest place in Punjab at 4.2 deg C, down one degree than normal. Ludhiana and Patiala recorded respective minimums of 7.6 deg C and 7 deg C.
Chandigarh recorded a low of 8.4 degrees Celsius while neighbouring town of Ambala registered a minimum of 9.5 deg C.
Karnal also experienced a cold night at 6.8 deg C, while Bhiwani shivered at 5.4 deg C.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today