Former Cong MP Jitender Malik joins BJP
Chandigarh: The ruling Congress in poll-bound Haryana saw yet another desertion with another senior leader and former Sonipat MP Jitender Singh Malik bidding adieu to the party.
Malik (44) joined the saffron party in Rohtak yesterday in the presence of former Haryana BJP president Ganeshi Lal and other saffron party leaders.
After joining the BJP, Malik told reporters at Rohtak that Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda should introspect why several party leaders were leaving the party and raising a banner of revolt against him.
Asked why he chose to join the BJP, Malik said he took the decision as he was impressed by the working style of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
"His agenda of development to take the country forward has impressed all," he said.
Notably, Malik, had opted out of contest from the Lok Sabha election this year from Sonepat and instead showed his keenness to contest assembly polls from Gannaur assembly segment, which is presently represented by Haryana Assembly Speaker Kuldeep Sharma.
Malik is now eyeing to get BJP ticket from his desired assembly constituency.
With polls due in Haryana in October, the Congress has been facing series of desertions, with senior leader Birender Singh being among the most prominent leader to join the BJP camp recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!