Former Cong MP Jitender Malik joins BJP
Chandigarh: The ruling Congress in poll-bound Haryana saw yet another desertion with another senior leader and former Sonipat MP Jitender Singh Malik bidding adieu to the party.
Malik (44) joined the saffron party in Rohtak yesterday in the presence of former Haryana BJP president Ganeshi Lal and other saffron party leaders.
After joining the BJP, Malik told reporters at Rohtak that Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda should introspect why several party leaders were leaving the party and raising a banner of revolt against him.
Asked why he chose to join the BJP, Malik said he took the decision as he was impressed by the working style of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
"His agenda of development to take the country forward has impressed all," he said.
Notably, Malik, had opted out of contest from the Lok Sabha election this year from Sonepat and instead showed his keenness to contest assembly polls from Gannaur assembly segment, which is presently represented by Haryana Assembly Speaker Kuldeep Sharma.
Malik is now eyeing to get BJP ticket from his desired assembly constituency.
With polls due in Haryana in October, the Congress has been facing series of desertions, with senior leader Birender Singh being among the most prominent leader to join the BJP camp recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources