Former Director of Delhi Health Services gets bail
New Delhi: Former Director of Delhi Health Services, facing two separate cases of corruption, has been granted anticipatory bail by a Delhi court in a case relating to award of contract for purchase of medical items for government hospitals.
S Bhattacharjee was earlier arrested in a case of allegedly favouring two Maharashtra firms for supply of surgical gloves and was granted bail by the Delhi High Court in June last year.
While granting anticipatory bail in the case of alleged corruption in purchase of suture (stitches around wond) material, Special Judge Sangita Dhingra Sehgal said the facts of the case, in which he is seeking anticipatory bail, are more or less similar to the case in which he has been granted bail by the high court.
"Both the cases pose a similar question--whether the act of the accused was use of administrative power vested in him and whether he exercised the same since the chairman of Special Purchase Committee had resigned in June 2010 and no meeting could thereafter be held and further to esnure that the work of hospitals, which are essential services, is not hampered or whether use of administrative power was a criminal conduct," the court noted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands