Former Director of Delhi Health Services gets bail
New Delhi: Former Director of Delhi Health Services, facing two separate cases of corruption, has been granted anticipatory bail by a Delhi court in a case relating to award of contract for purchase of medical items for government hospitals.
S Bhattacharjee was earlier arrested in a case of allegedly favouring two Maharashtra firms for supply of surgical gloves and was granted bail by the Delhi High Court in June last year.
While granting anticipatory bail in the case of alleged corruption in purchase of suture (stitches around wond) material, Special Judge Sangita Dhingra Sehgal said the facts of the case, in which he is seeking anticipatory bail, are more or less similar to the case in which he has been granted bail by the high court.
"Both the cases pose a similar question--whether the act of the accused was use of administrative power vested in him and whether he exercised the same since the chairman of Special Purchase Committee had resigned in June 2010 and no meeting could thereafter be held and further to esnure that the work of hospitals, which are essential services, is not hampered or whether use of administrative power was a criminal conduct," the court noted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach