Former Director of Delhi Health Services gets bail
New Delhi: Former Director of Delhi Health Services, facing two separate cases of corruption, has been granted anticipatory bail by a Delhi court in a case relating to award of contract for purchase of medical items for government hospitals.
S Bhattacharjee was earlier arrested in a case of allegedly favouring two Maharashtra firms for supply of surgical gloves and was granted bail by the Delhi High Court in June last year.
While granting anticipatory bail in the case of alleged corruption in purchase of suture (stitches around wond) material, Special Judge Sangita Dhingra Sehgal said the facts of the case, in which he is seeking anticipatory bail, are more or less similar to the case in which he has been granted bail by the high court.
"Both the cases pose a similar question--whether the act of the accused was use of administrative power vested in him and whether he exercised the same since the chairman of Special Purchase Committee had resigned in June 2010 and no meeting could thereafter be held and further to esnure that the work of hospitals, which are essential services, is not hampered or whether use of administrative power was a criminal conduct," the court noted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them