Former Haryana CM Rao Birender Singh cremated
Rewari (Haryana): Former Haryana Chief Minister Rao
Birender Singh (88), who died yesterday, was cremated at
Gaushala Grounds here on Wednesday.
Paying his tributes, senior Congress leader Moti Lal Vora
said "his death was an end of an era" and added that he had
made immense contribution to improve the standard of education
in southern Haryana.
Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda said that in his death
the State and the country had lost an "ideal statesman".
"Rao Sahib had made a lot of contribution for the education
of farmers and the downtrodden," Hooda said while paying
homage to the late leader.
Among those who paid tributes included former MP Dr Karan
Singh, Congress MPs Naveen Jindal and Shruti Choudhry, State
Irrigation Minister Capt Ajay Singh Yadav, BJP leader Ram
Bilash Sharma and several leaders from different political
parties, besides thousands of people who had come from various
parts of the State.
Earlier, Rao`s eldest son and Congress MP from Gurgaon,
Rao Inderjit Singh besides other family members accompanied
the funeral procession which started from Ahir College,
A contingent of Haryana Police also paid their tributes to
Singh, 88, had complained of chest pain and died soon
after, at his residence at Gurgaon yesterday. The body of the
departed leader was placed at his old DLF residence in
Gurgaon, where a large number of people poured in to pay their
homage. It was later taken to Rewari for the last rites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog